UPDATE: Alto hires Brock Grigsby

ttowngrad

18 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

For someone who calls himself “Mr. Clean” that sure was a messy post. 😂 What you said is simply not it. Period….as the kids say.

And the next one who comes in will get full support just like the last one did. And the one before him and the one before him etc…

Get yourself some 409 or Fantastic, a Clorox wipe, or whatever you need, Mr. Clean, and have yourself a good day! 🤣🤣

I mean come on man let's use some logic. A coach comes in goes from 2-8 to 6-3. Resigns with no other job. No scandal has come out about him. No one has openly said a bad thing about him and he seems to be well respected. The job search moves relatively quickly and a guy from the previous staff is hired... I suspect you may need a few magic erasers to clean up the mess behind the scenes in Alto. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

55 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

I mean come on man let's use some logic. A coach comes in goes from 2-8 to 6-3. Resigns with no other job. No scandal has come out about him. No one has openly said a bad thing about him and he seems to be well respected. The job search moves relatively quickly and a guy from the previous staff is hired... I suspect you may need a few magic erasers to clean up the mess behind the scenes in Alto. 

It’s not the first time this type of situation is happened though so nothing out of the ordinary.

35 minutes ago, Stickstick said:

89Falcon... GreaseLightning... RamsG117... CodeBlack... where yall at? 

Dude get a life. Unless you are a fan/player/coach/parent in any of the communities he's coached at you truly don't know what he's done. So please, go to a different thread or find another topic to talk about.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Stickstick said:

I watched Center play twice in person. Know the coach, board members, players and families well. I assure you offense or play calling wasn’t Center’s problem…. Takes time to implement a program. Motivate kids walking the hallways to play. Usually have to graduate junior class and sometimes sophomore classes before kids buy into new regime….. basically stability and involvement is key to any long term success. I know the new incoming coach personally. My dealings and interactions with him show me he’s a good dude. Whether or not he can make Alto successful is TBD….. but he deserves chance before you make blind blanket assumptions based on someone’s previous place of employment. Lot’s of intricate factors affect success at a school. Your asinine comments just prove your lack of understanding of how school business truly operates…..✌🏻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CodeBlack said:

Dude get a life. Unless you are a fan/player/coach/parent in any of the communities he's coached at you truly don't know what he's done. So please, go to a different thread or find another topic to talk about.

You are 100% right, that's why I asked. Then the chat when silent and no one answered me. I simply stated a fact that he hasn't called plays because Meeks did at Tatum and Alto and everyone jumped all over me. Then thinking well maybe Meeks turned it over to him at Center so I asked and then everyone went silent. I haven't bad mouthed him or said a negative word about him. I didn't even say it was a bad hire. All I simply said was it was interesting. So back to my question, did he call the plays for the 1-9 Center Roughriders? 

1 hour ago, GreaseLightning said:

I watched Center play twice in person. Know the coach, board members, players and families well. I assure you offense or play calling wasn’t Center’s problem…. Takes time to implement a program. Motivate kids walking the hallways to play. Usually have to graduate junior class and sometimes sophomore classes before kids buy into new regime….. basically stability and involvement is key to any long term success. I know the new incoming coach personally. My dealings and interactions with him show me he’s a good dude. Whether or not he can make Alto successful is TBD….. but he deserves chance before you make blind blanket assumptions based on someone’s previous place of employment. Lot’s of intricate factors affect success at a school. Your asinine comments just prove your lack of understanding of how school business truly operates…..✌🏻

What blind blanket assumptions did I make? The only thing I've said it that it was an interesting hire because he has no Head coaching experience or play calling experience. I'm glad you think he's a good dude, I'm sure he is, I never said he wasn't. Trying to put words in my mouth for stating a fact and then asking a simple question when I realized that my fact might actually be wrong. But now no one wants to answer.

3 minutes ago, Stickstick said:

You are 100% right, that's why I asked. Then the chat when silent and no one answered me. I simply stated a fact that he hasn't called played because Meeks did at Tatum and Alto and everyone jumped all over me. Then thinking well maybe Meeks turned it over to him at Center so I asked and then everyone went silent. I haven't bad mouthed him or said a negative word about him. I didn't even say it was a bad hire. All I simply said was it was interesting. So back to my question, did he call the plays for the 1-9 Center Roughriders? 

you good friends with meeks? You sure do seem to “know” a lot of insider information. curious who has given you this information of who the actual playcallers have been. Can you disclose?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CodeBlack said:

Or better yet, come to a game in August and see what he can really do. 

I wish him the best of luck and all of Alto? Why would I not want him to be successful? All I've done is ask what school did he call plays at because when I stated he hadn't been a playcaller everyone blew up.

9 minutes ago, Ramsg117 said:

you good friends with meeks? You sure do seem to “know” a lot of insider information. curious who has given you this information of who the actual playcallers have been. Can you disclose?

I'm not even sure if he had the Offensive Coordinator title in Alto. It says Alto assistant in every news article you can pull up. 

1 hour ago, Stickstick said:

You are 100% right, that's why I asked. Then the chat when silent and no one answered me. I simply stated a fact that he hasn't called plays because Meeks did at Tatum and Alto and everyone jumped all over me. Then thinking well maybe Meeks turned it over to him at Center so I asked and then everyone went silent. I haven't bad mouthed him or said a negative word about him. I didn't even say it was a bad hire. All I simply said was it was interesting. So back to my question, did he call the plays for the 1-9 Center Roughriders? 

Offense was not a problem in Center. You can look their stats up on Maxpreps for yourself. They scored the 3rd highest points in that district under Carthage and Rusk. He had the offensive coordinator title in both Alto and Center, I'm sure he has called plays in the two years that he's been a coordinator. 

1 hour ago, CodeBlack said:

Offense was not a problem in Center. You can look their stats up on Maxpreps for yourself. They scored the 3rd highest points in that district under Carthage and Rusk. He had the offensive coordinator title in both Alto and Center, I'm sure he has called plays in the two years that he's been a coordinator. 

His last two years though are 1-9 at Center and 2-8 at Alto. Which leads me back to my original statement of being an interesting hire. Not a bad hire!! I know he is a great guy!!

20 hours ago, Stickstick said:

Right here. You stated the new coach "has never called plays". As you indicated previously, you were wrong. You had bad information. We are all clear. 

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

Right here. You stated the new coach "has never called plays". As you indicated previously, you were wrong. You had bad information. We are all clear. 

I still haven't had anyone say he called the plays this year for the 1-9 Center Roughriders? I knew he didn't in Tatum or Alto. I assumed he didn't in Center because why would Meeks all of a sudden land a bigger job and then hand over the offense. So because I "assumed" I then asked if he was the play caller for the 1-9 Center Roughriders or did he just have the title like he did the last year he was in Alto and no one answered me, and still hasn't. So we aren't all clear? 

1 hour ago, Stickstick said:

I still haven't had anyone say he called the plays this year for the 1-9 Center Roughriders? I knew he didn't in Tatum or Alto. I assumed he didn't in Center because why would Meeks all of a sudden land a bigger job and then hand over the offense. So because I "assumed" I then asked if he was the play caller for the 1-9 Center Roughriders or did he just have the title like he did the last year he was in Alto and no one answered me, and still hasn't. So we aren't all clear? 

He wasn’t the OC at Tatum so I hope he wasn’t calling the plays. Lol

• LOL! 1

On 2/24/2022 at 11:29 PM, StingEmALTO said:

Coach Grigsby was the offensive coordinator at Alto for 3 years and then at Center for 1 year. I never had access to the headsets to know who was calling what but I know that Coach Meeks had a lot of faith in Coach Grigsby, enough to bring him to Alto with him as a young assistant and then take him to 4A Center.

You know, I understand that you and some other outsiders may find this hire intriguing. I get it. Coach Meeks was the first hire outside our program in quite a while that had not been a head coach. Generally over our history we have either hired a coach with head coaching experience OR a well deserving assistant coach who has been promoted. This is as close to that situation as could be. EVERYONE at Alto LOVED Coach Grigsby when he was here. My son, who was in 7th grade at the time, came home after the first time he met this man and all he could do was talk about him and his energy and what he said or what he did. For three years this man coached and mentored these kids and built relationships with all of them. They would absolutely run through a brick wall for him and I do not know one person with anything negative to say about him. So when this position came open, and certainly with the devastating loss of Vonte, it made sense to hire Coach Grigsby. For such a time as this…..these kids need this man. He has been there to not only be their coach, but to love on them while they have been hurting, to minister to them in their time of need. And not just current players, but former players, too. The kids are over the top excited to have him back and the timing is perfect. Parents, admin, teachers, community….WE are behind him. 7-0 board vote and a big WELCOME BACK meet and greet Wednesday night with over 50 folks in attendance. Everyone is excited, and it is palpable. We are pressing on with faith in our future, looking forward to Coach Grigsby’s leadership. As we like to say around here, we are ALTOgether.

Hope this helps you to understand a little bit why Coach Grigsby was THE CHOICE for our AD/HFC. We believe in him. 

9A3D7019-37B3-4449-AEA5-EADAF17ED0F7.jpeg

Glad yall found ya dude,makes going forward much easier..Be looking forward to our meet up this coming season...lol...let the games begin..lol...wooooooo...

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Alto hires Brock Grigsby