With realignment out of the way...what are your thoughts?

Athens

Henderson

Jacksonville

Kilgore

Lindale

Palestine

Chapel Hill

Lost Mabank and added Jacksonville. Other than that....we are running it back in 9-4A

I truly believe this is one of the toughest and deepest districts in the Great State of Texas in 4A. Looks like these schools are scheduling some pretty tough non-district ball games as well. Looking forward to 2022.

23 hours ago, HJR7 said:

CH has to be favorite. 

Kilgore at 2.

Lindale at 3.

I agree...Early on it sure looks that way. I'm not sure what everyone has coming back. My way too early prediction is

Chapel Hill / Lindale

Lindale / Chapel Hill

Kilgore

Henderson

Palestine

Jacksonville

Athens

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, VonG said:

I see Chapel Hill isd is calling for $125 million dollar bond. I pray that it passes this time around. For the kids sake. They definitely need it.

https://tylerpaper.com/news/education/chapel-hill-isd-trustees-call-125-million-bond-package/article_6c688902-8e00-11ec-abc6-437e28f0c943.html

If its anything like the bond Kilgore got passed, get 30 people to vote yes and it will pass.

12 hours ago, VonG said:

I see Chapel Hill isd is calling for $125 million dollar bond. I pray that it passes this time around. For the kids sake. They definitely need it.

https://tylerpaper.com/news/education/chapel-hill-isd-trustees-call-125-million-bond-package/article_6c688902-8e00-11ec-abc6-437e28f0c943.html

Looks great for Chapel Hill. Hope it passes. It is in the best interest of the kids.

13 hours ago, VonG said:

They been having problems passing bonds. I don't think 30 people will be enough to pass a bond. Unless only 40 people vote. Lol.

Thats what happened in Kilgore. Not many votes but thr majority were yes.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think any school district should be spending this kind of money considering our current situation all over the world.  JMO.....but at times like this cutbacks should be more the order of the day.  We don't even know if there will be any football next season......just too much going on and on and on.

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2022 at 11:40 AM, StillALion said:

247sports has released its latest rankings and Henderson’s Jacobe Robinson (@CobeRobb) is the:

#1 quarterback in East Texas
#5 quarterback in Texas
#46 quarterback in the nation
#7 overall player in East Texas
#118 overall player in Texas 

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=Highschool&State=TX

#1 2023 QB in East Texas? Interesting.....

I was really hoping this thread would take off...Especially now that basketball is over and we are moving into a time of spring football / 7 on 7

8 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

#1 2023 QB in East Texas? Interesting.....

I was really hoping this thread would take off...Especially now that basketball is over and we are moving into a time of spring football / 7 on 7

247 hasn’t done their homework. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, StillALion said:

Agreed also.  Because after he went to the Elite 11 Dallas regionals and was the 3rd best player there after the guys from Denton Guyer (OU commit) and Dripping Springs (Baylor commit) … ESPN came out with their latest rankings update and in those he is …  

- #62 overall player in Texas and #2 overall in East Texas after Longview WR Jalen Hale.  
- Just outside Top 300 in the nation overall with a score of 80. (81 would be Top 300.)

-  #8 Dual Threat QB in the nation. #1 in East Texas and #2 in Texas after Denton Ryan’s Jackson Arnold.  
- Also received an additional star to become a 4 star recruit.  (There is currently only one 5 star recruit from Texas and there are only ten in the nation.)

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/state/texas/class/2023/view/state

Based on this...he should probably be the favorite to win District MVP or District OPOY

1 hour ago, StillALion said:

Agreed also.  Because after he went to the Elite 11 Dallas regionals and was the 3rd best player there after the guys from Denton Guyer (OU commit) and Dripping Springs (Baylor commit) … ESPN came out with their latest rankings update and in those he is …  

- #62 overall player in Texas and #2 overall in East Texas after Longview WR Jalen Hale.  
- Just outside Top 300 in the nation overall with a score of 80. (81 would be Top 300.)

-  #8 Dual Threat QB in the nation. #1 in East Texas and #2 in Texas after Denton Ryan’s Jackson Arnold.  
- Also received an additional star to become a 4 star recruit.  (There is currently only one 5 star recruit from Texas and there are only ten in the nation.)

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/state/texas/class/2023/view/state

But he only has 3 offers reported - Boston College, Yale & Jackson State. Where is the disconnect?

10 hours ago, StillALion said:

Obviously 247, Rivals, DCTF, and ESPN need to do their “homework” by checking in with you guys before they do their recruiting rankings. 

Don’t be so sensitive.  I asked a valid question that was never answered.  If he is as good as you say, then why only 3 reported offers?  Boston College, Yale & Jackson State?

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 4:18 AM, StillALion said:

Obviously 247, Rivals, DCTF, and ESPN need to do their “homework” by checking in with you guys before they do their recruiting rankings. 

I said nothing about the kid, I simply replied to a comment. 

19 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Don’t be so sensitive.  I asked a valid question that was never answered.  If he is as good as you say, then why only 3 reported offers?  Boston College, Yale & Jackson State?

You have a very valid question.

All I know is I heard he is a very smart kid which explains the Yale offer.

On 4/23/2022 at 4:18 AM, StillALion said:

23 hours ago, HJR7 said:

I said nothing about the kid, I simply replied to a comment. 

I made the comment and I stand by it. Nothing against the kid at all. I'm sure he is a great kid and is obviously very intelligent if he has an offer from Yale.

What I am saying is that I have watched him play. He does not take over games. He doesn't throw it well with pressure in his face. At the 4A level I would expect a 4 Star QB to take over games at times. Have not seen that from him. 

I’ve watched him play many times being I live here. Getting upset time after time on his reads. It’s almost like he’s afraid to run the ball. If he can change that, there’s no doubt he can take over a game. Henderson has had many dual threat QBs lately and he’s definitely got the potential. When he did pull and run, it was awesome. I’m optimistic on what he and his brother can bring to the table this year. Maturity can make a difference. If this happens, you mark my word, the lions will be at the top of the district instead of a middle contender.

7 minutes ago, touchdownlsu said:

I’ve watched him play many times being I live here. Getting upset time after time on his reads. It’s almost like he’s afraid to run the ball. If he can change that, there’s no doubt he can take over a game. Henderson has had many dual threat QBs lately and he’s definitely got the potential. When he did pull and run, it was awesome. I’m optimistic on what he and his brother can bring to the table this year. Maturity can make a difference. If this happens, you mark my word, the lions will be at the top of the district instead of a middle contender.

I was more impressed with the brother as a WR and ATH.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 7:34 AM, touchdownlsu said:

I hope they mature as well. Curious to see where they'll be next year within the district. How was Henderson at the JV/9th levels last year? Don't you guys lose a lot on the Varsity?