UPDATE: Sabine hires Cody Gilbert

Bclove05

1 minute ago, Racer55 said:

I hear he was fired, not resigned. Although his last HC job he left some questions to be answered. Maybe he’s getting another HC position somewhere else? 

I would think if you’re going to fire the head coach you do it as soon as the season is over to get a jump start on finding the next coach. 

6 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I would think if you’re going to fire the head coach you do it as soon as the season is over to get a jump start on finding the next coach. 

Never know. School boards and parents get weird some times. Also something could’ve happened. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know the details, but if Sharp did resign on his own then this is the year to do it. We have a very good younger class about to move up to varsity, so next year is going to have some growing pains. I would have hated to see him stick around another year then leave and then we get a new coach that’s trying to install his offense and defense. 

25 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Maybe they just now got a reason.  I don't know anything, just saying, they could have just found out a reason to fire him.

43 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

The real question,  for all of you coaches interested in this job, is the Sophomore QB going to be better in the long run than the SR that just finished his career. 

He has potential. Probably won’t be as good of a runner as the last 2 qb’s though. 

53 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Plenty of good coaches out there. Two things worry me.

1. Our school board 

2. Facilities aren’t that attractive and #1 doesn’t seem to want to do much about them. 

Turf and some new bleachers goes a long way these days lol

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Sabine hires Cody Gilbert