UPDATE: Sabine hires Cody Gilbert

Bclove05

On 2/15/2022 at 1:36 PM, Bclove05 said:

I would think if you’re going to fire the head coach you do it as soon as the season is over to get a jump start on finding the next coach. 

Unless something happened. Not saying it did, I am agreeing with you. If that was the plan it happens in December, not February. 

Only way you fire someone now is if it absolutely needs to happen. 

Big question is: do they hire before EF? 🤣

1 minute ago, DeBerryJacket said:

EF has moved forward with there's since stalling out with previous superintendent. Give them about 2 weeks and see where they are then. 

Good! That has been a mess it sounds like. Hope they get it right for the kids sake. EF always has potential to be good. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 6:33 PM, BouncingTurtle51 said:

Unfortunately, turf has been taken off the table. Turf is too dangerous according to a school board member.  Sad for those kids.  

Good for him for sticking to his guns. God wants football to be played on grass. Turf is another way humans try to outsmart God. I have no respect for ISDs that put turf in.

2 hours ago, DeKlabBeers said:

Good for him for sticking to his guns. God wants football to be played on grass. Turf is another way humans try to outsmart God. I have no respect for ISDs that put turf in.

Where in the Bible does it say that?

• Love 1

34 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Where in the Bible does it say that?

In the Book of Asadolphus Chapter 218, Verse 2A it says and I quote

"And the Pelopenisians and the Bromites were smitten upon thine artificial grass lest no one in the region set thy foot upon said abomination again.  Forsooth and theretofore no more rubber pelletseth shall gain entry into thy sandals"

4 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Baptist that think that would be wrong. 

I thought in the Bible, other than talking about the biblical characters getting “drunk with strong wine”, it only gives us the instructions to not indulge in much wine. Come on some of you biblical scholars- where are you?

This thread has taken a turn. Turf has its pros and cons. It looks nicer, requires less maintenance, is cheaper over time and is durable enough to be used for all sorts of events and practices. 

However, there are a ton of links between turf and injuries. I saw an article linking it to an increase in concussions because of the way the head bounces off it compared to natural grass. Turf is being blamed for the OBJ knee injury that was contactless. 

I doubt the lack of turf impacts the candidates of this job. The question will be who paints and maintains the fields? The coaches or maintenance? Extra hours at work that more and more coaches aren't having to do. Second is the school willing to keep people off it, and spend the money necessary to maintain it throughout the year and keep it quality.  

Just now, mrclean69 said:

This thread has taken a turn. Turf has its pros and cons. It looks nicer, requires less maintenance, is cheaper over time and is durable enough to be used for all sorts of events and practices. 

However, there are a ton of links between turf and injuries. I saw an article linking it to an increase in concussions because of the way the head bounces off it compared to natural grass. Turf is being blamed for the OBJ knee injury that was contactless. 

I doubt the lack of turf impacts the candidates of this job. The question will be who paints and maintains the fields? The coaches or maintenance? Extra hours at work that more and more coaches aren't having to do. Second is the school willing to keep people off it, and spend the money necessary to maintain it throughout the year and keep it quality.  

I read where there is a push by professional football players to have turf removed

12 minutes ago, Destry said:

I thought in the Bible, other than talking about the biblical characters getting “drunk with strong wine”, it only gives us the instructions to not indulge in much wine. Come on some of you biblical scholars- where are you?

Galatians 5:19–21: "The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: ... drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God." Ephesians 5:18: "Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery.

Just now, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Galatians 5:19–21: "The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: ... drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God." Ephesians 5:18: "Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery.

That’s it. Good job!

2 minutes ago, Destry said:

That’s it. Good job!

. The Bible forbids drunkenness.

Although the Bible never says that alcohol itself is sinful, it does say many times that drunkenness is a sin. God says, "Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit." (Ephesians 5:6) In fact, there are many verses in the Bible which speak out against drunkenness. (For a few examples, see Romans 13:13; Galatians 5:19-21; 1 Peter 4:3.)

1 hour ago, mrclean69 said:

I saw one of the most talented kids we ever had blow out his right ACLas a junior in a non-contact injury on a grass field. Same kid blew his left ACL a year later in a non-contact injury on a different grass field. Injuries happen no matter the surface. It’s part of the game. 

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

So you hold Leviticus 18:19 near and dear to your heart? What about Leviticus 11:10 and Leviticus 11:12??? No more crawfish boils.

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Sabine hires Cody Gilbert