UPDATE: Sabine hires Cody Gilbert

Bclove05

5 minutes ago, Jerryhawk111 said:

I'd assume money, like most places with poor facilities

I don’t think money is the issue. Most likely a bind would even pass to upgrade the facilities but we’re also looking at the likelihood of having to build some new schools soon. If we continue on our current growth track we will outgrow all 3 schools by 2028. Our new elementary that’s 7-8 years old had 650 students when it first opened. Elementary schools are built to hold 800 kids and ours is now almost at capacity. There are tons of houses being built currently and several more subdivisions planned so the growth is going to continue. We have a lot of resistance from one school board member and I like to give him a hard time when I see him around town, but I know he is just looking at the big picture. 

22 minutes ago, TrumpisDump said:

Sabine shouldn't be hurting for money. I'm sure it's enough money at Tempest to go around. Go ahead and rebuild and make Sabine a like place to visit for education and sports. 

Social clubs don’t really care about high school sports. 

11 minutes ago, TrumpisDump said:

But most of the time they're the first to run a coach out of town when Little Johnny doesn't start or get much playing time.. social clubs care when they actually want to

Don’t think that was the case in Sabine. But you are right, they care when it directly effects them. 

2 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Still have to go through one of the many certification programs. ITeach Texas, Region Service Centers ect ect and pass the tests after completion. Many schools will hire you after you have enrolled in one of the programs and will allow you two years to become certified.

Wonder if ITeach Louisiana would transfer. 

2 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Still have to go through one of the many certification programs. ITeach Texas, Region Service Centers ect ect and pass the tests after completion. Many schools will hire you after you have enrolled in one of the programs and will allow you two years to become certified.

That’s good info. I may try it out and apply for the Gladewater job since Louvier don’t want to be there. 

11 minutes ago, Lucyanaballcoach68 said:

Wonder if ITeach Louisiana would transfer. 

I don't think Texas accepts any other certifications but I definitely could be wrong on that one. A lot depends on how bad the district wants you or needs whatever field you are certified in. For example math, ESL, chemistry ect ect. are in such high demand they will do almost anything to get teachers in the classrooms.

5 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

I don't think Texas accepts any other certifications but I definitely could be wrong on that one. A lot depends on how bad the district wants you or needs whatever field you are certified in. For example math, ESL, chemistry ect ect. are in such high demand they will do almost anything to get teachers in the classrooms.

I gotcha. Thanks for the info

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Sabine hires Cody Gilbert