UPDATE: Sabine hires Cody Gilbert

Bclove05

On 2/16/2022 at 5:02 PM, WhoamI97539 said:

Sabine's soccer program is actually pretty good they are in Kilgore's district and I will say they hold their own. Kilgore is always good in soccer and Kilgore actually beat Sabine last night 2-1. Kilgore is #2 in 4a

Kilgore is barely in line for a play-off spot as they lost to Spring Hill, Henderson and may find themselves out of the playoffs if they stumble. They are far from #2. Sabine in 3rd and Spring Hill is Second. Sharp really brought life to a moribund program and even beat an Art Briles coached Vernon team 20-14.

1 hour ago, EasyRider said:

Kilgore is barely in line for a play-off spot as they lost to Spring Hill, Henderson and may find themselves out of the playoffs if they stumble. They are far from #2. Sabine in 3rd and Spring Hill is Second. Sharp really brought life to a moribund program and even beat an Art Briles coached Vernon team 20-14.

Those are the girls scores. On the boys side Kilgore is undefeated in district 

On 2/28/2022 at 7:28 PM, EasyRider said:

Yeah your definitely talking about the Kilgore girls. You obviously don't know much about soccer if you think the boys are any of what you said. O and Kilgore is still ranked #2 in 4a!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

Not sure the quality of applicant’s but I’ve been told over 50 people have applied. @GWBears01says he applied so there’s one you can throw out the window. 😂

Hey I was wanting to try a new scheme. Play all the skills players on the OL and the big boys at the skill positions 😂 

On 2/28/2022 at 7:28 PM, EasyRider said:

Kilgore has a good young group coming up

On 3/8/2022 at 8:24 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

Or continue the circling motion……Is there any smaller school 4A or under where that model has worked?

I feel like this gets brought up every year. Brock of course gets brought up but they are the exception not the norm. Also never stripped it from the HFC title since they added football late they just kept it the same. And even their coach eventually left for an AD spot. 

Edgewood does it and does it in a very weird way where the AD is actually the OC. Prairieland's AD is the Head Basketball coach and if I'm right have actually improved since that move. On the other hand New Diana's is the baseball coach and they are horrible at everything but baseball now.

At the right place it can work and there are non football guys that would make great ADs. There is this fear that it looks like you are giving up on football being good, and there is truth to the applicants you'd get or that the job becomes a stepping stone to AD jobs. 

15 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

I feel like this gets brought up every year. Brock of course gets brought up but they are the exception not the norm. Also never stripped it from the HFC title since they added football late they just kept it the same. And even their coach eventually left for an AD spot. 

Edgewood does it and does it in a very weird way where the AD is actually the OC. Prairieland's AD is the Head Basketball coach and if I'm right have actually improved since that move. On the other hand New Diana's is the baseball coach and they are horrible at everything but baseball now.

At the right place it can work and there are non football guys that would make great ADs. There is this fear that it looks like you are giving up on football being good, and there is truth to the applicants you'd get or that the job becomes a stepping stone to AD jobs. 

All good points.  In SH’s case, we have been a stepping stone for AD/HFC over the last 10-12 years as evidenced by our high turnover.  There are multiple reasons why.  If we split the roles this time, we will spend more money and never keep a HFC more than 2 years which will all but ensure we won’t get over the hump in football.  We will hire OC’s and DC’s over and over again and watch them move on the AD/HFC roles for more money.  Hence the toilet bowl comment.

8 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

Technically, New Diana does not have a AD.  The football coach is over football, golf and track.   

15 hours ago, buckeyenut24 said:

Technically, New Diana does not have a AD.  The football coach is over football, golf and track.   

Sounds dysfunctional. I've heard New Diana coaches refer to Bernie as the AD. 3 total athletic coordinators seems like overkill at a 3A. 

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Sabine hires Cody Gilbert