Jump to content

UPDATE: Sabine hires Cody Gilbert


Bclove05
 Share

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, BouncingTurtle51 said:

Unfortunately, turf has been taken off the table. Turf is too dangerous according to a school board member.  Sad for those kids.  

So is tearing a knee in one of those potholes on the current field. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

So is tearing a knee in one of those potholes on the current field. 

He don’t think so. The moment Sabine decided to add a soccer program they should have put turf on the field. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

Plenty of good coaches out there. Two things worry me.

1. Our school board 

2. Facilities aren’t that attractive and #1 doesn’t seem to want to do much about them. 

That’s why I said that. Timing is horrible and it’s not like Sabine is a program that coaches will just jump on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

That’s why I said that. Timing is horrible and it’s not like Sabine is a program that coaches will just jump on. 

It’s about as attractive right now as it’s ever been. I’m sure it will get plenty of interest from youngsters wanting to make a name for themselves. I don’t know what Sabine pays, so I don’t know how attractive it will be. Maybe we can get a defensive coordinator from right down the road to apply. 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

It’s about as attractive right now as it’s ever been. I’m sure it will get plenty of interest from youngsters wanting to make a name for themselves. I don’t know what Sabine pays, so I don’t know how attractive it will be. Maybe we can get a defensive coordinator from right down the road to apply. 🤔

That would be a tough blow to us lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

So here you say you heard that and on the EF thread you say he is going there like you know it’s a done deal. What is it? 🤣

He/She don't know. EF has started their process over becuase there was a change at superintendent. The committee at EF is just now getting started. Waterboy don't know

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

He/She don't know. EF has started their process over becuase there was a change at superintendent. The committee at EF is just now getting started. Waterboy don't know

I’m just telling you what momma said! Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, BouncingTurtle51 said:

That would be a blow to Sabine. He is way overrated for all the trouble that comes with him.  

Overrated? Trouble? How so? 

If you want to make comments, back them up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, BouncingTurtle51 said:

That would be a blow to Sabine. He is way overrated for all the trouble that comes with him.  

 

Hey keyboard warrior why don't you tell us all about those "troubles"? Sure is easy to take shots at a great coach and a fine individual when you can remain anonymous isn't it?  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

Soccer has been here for several years now and has been pretty successful. 

Sabine's soccer program is actually pretty good they are in Kilgore's district and I will say they hold their own. Kilgore is always good in soccer and Kilgore actually beat Sabine last night 2-1. Kilgore is #2 in 4a

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2022 at 9:22 PM, Bclove05 said:

I don’t know what Sabine pays, so I don’t know how attractive it will be. 

Haven't found current data ... but in 2018 that position paid just under $84,000, the 5th highest salary in the district .... and just a few coins less than the HS Princ .... and less than half of what the sup makes ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Sabine hires Cody Gilbert

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...