Discipline Issues - They're Real.

88YoePride

1 minute ago, Coach0001 said:

Public schools educate everyone who comes to their door including the fragile autistic anyone that is who

I challenge you to show me some data on your charter school claims? Here is some of the research and facts

https://dianeravitch.net/2020/10/05/analysis-of-texas-charter-schools/

Private schools can choose to accept who they want. 

Do you really think they would accept special education students with severe disabilities?

Let me pick and choose who I let in and I can be great at whatever the game is or activity 

I am not here to say that public schools are perfect

Or that all public schools do not have areas to improve on 

I am just telling you there are some of those politicians that you mention get big campaign donations from some entities

To open this new revenue stream up to them so they can profit from it. 

Challenge accepted: read this book, it provides real numbers and a great case for charters.  

Privates are indeed Private and yes,  they can discriminate.  But you're missing the point,  do they provide better education? The answer is yes,  so why hold back those that would benefit because some can't qualify? 

Why can't severely disabled and sped kids stay in public schools? 

That's the problem. I don't want you or me or anyone else to pick their students.  I want students and parents to pick their schools.  

No schools are perfect,  but they can certainly be better.  Not allowing students a choice is blocking an easy first step in improving all schools.  

Do you think politicians and their lobby need vouchers for their kids? The answer is no,  so why then allow the common folk into those elite schools? Maybe because it's the RIGHT thing to do! 

You don't support education,  you support YOUR CHOICE of education.  

download.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

Public schools educate everyone who comes to their door including the fragile autistic anyone that is who

Private schools can choose to accept who they want

Do you really think they would accept special education students with severe disabilities?

Let me pick and choose who I let in and I can be great at whatever the game is or activity 

Public schools do this. A lot of them. And not far off suburban schools either. Some right here in good ol' East Texas. 

6 hours ago, LOL said:

Public schools do this. A lot of them. And not far off suburban schools either. Some right here in good ol' East Texas. 

And on top of that, the other public schools let everyone in…I wouldn’t say they educate everyone.

Not throwing rocks at teachers. They are given a heavy load with little support, but our school system is terribly underperforming all while pushing agendas on our kids that are contributing to our kids being lost to the world. This is less the fault of individual teachers and more the fault of the government running education. I understand it is in the nation’s interest if people are educated, but it is one more example of the government taking over something and driving it into the ground.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2022 at 2:11 PM, BEARDEDGOAT said:

Why would anybody want to teach or coach anymore? Coaches work 100 hours a week for 40-50k dollars just to be disrespected all day. That's why there is such a teacher shortage and why there will continue to be so until public education crumbles or has a huge turn around.   Like you guys said the home front is killing the discipline and manners which is really affecting schools and sports.  Its not the kids fault its the parents. However, it is what it is and teachers are getting the bad end of the deal.  

Exactly what I've been talking about for a few years.

On 2/15/2022 at 5:11 PM, cowboyandchrist said:

Let God back in school, put the board back in the principal’s hand, bring back yes sir, no sir, yes mam, no mam, please, may I , and thank you. 
Students need to fear punishment and respect authority. If the student or there parents won’t allow it, kick their butts out of school. When I was young and got in trouble at school, it was much worse when I got home. 

Excellent! 👏

I coached 3rd and 4th grade girls basketball here in JAX. Coached my girls in the 90s and now my granddaughter. Never a problem with parents back then. Holy Schmoly. The lack of parenting now is just sad. But the irresponsibility I saw from two parents was almost CPS like. My eyes got opened. So much entitlement, it’s just ridiculous. My daughter taught school here for 7 years and she warned me…. Things have changed. 

Season is over…,next year, I will draft based on parents NOT being absentee, unstable, and disagreeable— not the kids ability.  The other parents were great…. but those two Moms (no Dads) were just sad. The girls were sweet… the Moms cray-cray

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I coached 3rd and 4th grade girls basketball here in JAX. Coached my girls in the 90s and now my granddaughter. Never a problem with parents back then. Holy Schmoly. The lack of parenting now is just sad. But the irresponsibility I saw from two parents was almost CPS like. My eyes got opened. So much entitlement, it’s just ridiculous. My daughter taught school here for 7 years and she warned me…. Things have changed. 

Season is over…,next year, I will draft based on parents NOT being absentee, unstable, and disagreeable— not the kids ability.  The other parents were great…. but those two Moms (no Dads) were just sad. The girls were sweet… the Moms cray-cray

I have drafted great parents instead of talent for several years now in our youth leagues and it has been so much more rewarding than trying to win every game.   Enjoying the kids and parents outweighs the crazies 10 fold.   

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

I have drafted great parents instead of talent for several years now in our youth leagues and it has been so much more rewarding than trying to win every game.   Enjoying the kids and parents outweighs the crazies 10 fold.   

Yes!!! You got it. 

On 2/19/2022 at 7:52 PM, Matt said:

I'm finishing my 29th in your district (and 45th overall, including 16 coaching in several other districts before I settled in here) ... it will be my last ... I have seen enough to know its time.

• Like 1

I was talking to my grown kids the other day about how much things have changed since I was in school. We'd get sent home quicker for having our shirt untucked than having a knife in our pocket. There were shotguns on racks in the highschool  kids trucks, paddles in every room and on every bus. Prayers were common, pledge of allegiance daily. I'm not going to say that it was perfect or we never got in trouble. We did, but I don't remember EVER seeing anything like that video happening. Never heard of any shootings either. Like others have said I believe the answer has to start at home, God and discipline need to be allowed back in school. Teachers need more money and less unnecessary work piled on them. Just my opinion. I'm sure not everyone agrees.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Vandalman said:

I was talking to my grown kids the other day about how much things have changed since I was in school. We'd get sent home quicker for having our shirt untucked than having a knife in our pocket. There were shotguns on racks in the highschool  kids trucks, paddles in every room and on every bus. Prayers were common, pledge of allegiance daily. I'm not going to say that it was perfect or we never got in trouble. We did, but I don't remember EVER seeing anything like that video happening. Never heard of any shootings either. Like others have said I believe the answer has to start at home, God and discipline need to be allowed back in school. Teachers need more money and less unnecessary work piled on them. Just my opinion. I'm sure not everyone agrees.

I agree. We weren't perfect angels by no means back in the day, but there were consequences to or bad decisions by the school, the family and a sense of shame in the community. Today everyone just wants to have a "conversation."

• Like 2