USFL Jersey Release Day

Stoney

@LOL the gray with the Gamblers especially the side stripe almost ruined it for me. Outside of the Maulers, they did a great job with uniforms. It’s like what the natural evolution of these uniforms would have been 30 years later. 

• Like 1

Here's a pretty good article/analysis of the news unis: https://uni-watch.com/2022/02/18/usfl-2-0-releases-inaugural-uni-sets-for-all-eight-teams/

Best quote: 

The big news, at least from my perspective is that everything looks fairly traditional, which is not what I’d expect from an upstart league. Of course, some of it also harkens back to the original USFL, which makes sense, but I’m surprised they didn’t update or modernize it more. I don’t mean that as a criticism (on the contrary, I prefer it this way) — it’s just not what I expected.

Overall: Not bad. Not awesome, but not bad. But I think the traditional approach is more notable than the overall good/bad quality of the individual designs. Definitely didn’t say that coming — aren’t they worried about appealing to the youngs? I guess not!

35 minutes ago, Stoney said:

@LOL the gray with the Gamblers especially the side stripe almost ruined it for me. Outside of the Maulers, they did a great job with uniforms. It’s like what the natural evolution of these uniforms would have been 30 years later. 

Yeah, I saw a lot of that on Twitter. I really don't mind the side trim. It's not great, but it's not a dealbreaker.

I'm more bummed about the lack of silver pants. It really sets the black jerseys off nicely:

P4sUiw2.jpeg

The flat gunmetal gray is just blah: 

UlFNWeQ.jpeg

• 1 month later...

USFL mascots have been released into the wild. 
2139F7FD-EF18-4C14-AA93-45986A2B9A6C.jpeg143C6BBA-322E-4DAE-B4A3-8306D1B10055.jpeg

Im getting strong crest vibes from this dude.D01FBC27-83FE-45AA-97C8-D10CE02AB459.jpeg

Generic cat mascot.

27E0433E-4EC5-4162-B211-BAA774ED6085.jpeg

Shame to see Woody fall hard into his gambling addiction after his Hollywood career dried up.116A51FC-52A7-4325-B5BF-9D564F0CD354.jpeg

Remember folks. Herpes is the gift that keeps on giving.