NCAA Baseball Rankings

Sportsfanatic1

17 hours ago, WETSU said:

I was impressed with some of the changes I saw from A&M over the weekend. They are going to probably work their way into a fringe 20-25 team by seasons end I think. The sec schedule will do them no favors. 

Can only go up from last year for A&M. I think you'll notice some positive differences with Schloss as time goes on. Maybe not in the W-L column this year, but some positive takeaways nonetheless. 

51 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Sam Houston has a good chance to make some noise and move up over the next 5 games...They just took three of four from Nebraska, but again, the next 5 are huge...

vs. #4 Oklahoma State (Arlington)
@ #47 Dallas Baptist (3 Games)
vs. #1 Texas

That’s a great series win over Nebraska. They were the pick to win the Big10 by D1 baseball. 

3 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Can only go up from last year for A&M. I think you'll notice some positive differences with Schloss as time goes on. Maybe not in the W-L column this year, but some positive takeaways nonetheless. 

Yea it’s going to be hard to see how much they are improved simply because the schedule is so tough in the sec. They could legitimately be better but the record not reflect it. I’m thinking they will be a fringe tournament team likely ending up as the 3 seed in the Texas regional. 

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

They beat Oklahoma State last night 6-3. Expect a packed house when y’all roll into Huntsville. 

Did SHSU start a weekend guy or normal Tuesday starter?  Either way the SP didn't give up anything.  I know TX AM-CC started its #1 pitcher against Texas last night on a Tuesday start.

17 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Did SHSU start a weekend guy or normal Tuesday starter?  Either way the SP didn't give up anything.  I know TX AM-CC started its #1 pitcher against Texas last night on a Tuesday start.

Tuesday starter...Saving their #1 for DBU this weekend

18 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

There're numerous rankings out there. Curious question, how does one know what rankings are "real?"

D1 Baseball is the rankings the NCAA goes by.

Baseball America is typically at the bottom when it comes to college baseball reporting/rankings. But Mav is right, its really what you identify with the most😄

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

D1 Baseball is the rankings the NCAA goes by.

Baseball America is typically at the bottom when it comes to college baseball reporting/rankings. But Mav is right, its really what you identify with the most😄

When you look up LSU baseball rankings you will see 9/14/4/7 or something like that… it’s the different polls based on whatever the normal order of rankings are

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Just when I thought A&M had some positives from the opening weekend, they lose the series to Penn.

Penn hadn't played baseball in 2 years. I'm not sure if baseball is just a funny game or if A&M has legit weaknesses, but I was very surprised by this.

They have lots of weaknesses. Main one is just chemistry and being use to play style. This roster is very heavy with new players and obviously a new staff. I’d expect them to have these types of series off and on. They will likely have one or two series they beat someone they shouldn’t as well. 

There is some talent there, but they are still likely a year or two away from making any sort of noise in the post season. I think they will be one of the last few teams in or first teams out this season. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2022 at 11:38 AM, WETSU said:

Yea it’s going to be hard to see how much they are improved simply because the schedule is so tough in the sec. 

West looks a little down compared to years past.  Arkansas and Mississippi State have struggled so far.  Alabama put up 1 run in 3 games against Texas.  LSU leads the nation in errors and have a drop off after the Friday night guy.  Not sure about Auburn and Ole Miss, but I can't recall Auburn doing much since they had Casey Mize (I could be wrong??).  I have no idea who you guys play from the East this year.  East does like competitive and strong with Vandy, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, and Kentucky looking good early.  South Carolina is usually pretty solid as well.