UPDATE: Spring Hill hires Shawn Copeland (AD) and Brandon Joslin (HFC)

Valhalla

7 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Gotta be a bad gig if someone would leave a AD job to be a position coach lol

I’m sure someone with an inclination to do so could look up the salary of current SH AD/HC and compare to expected salary of position coach with given experience at GISD.  They would probably find not much difference in $ for a whole lot less headache and more W’s.  

So the message to SH Admin & Board should be we can’t keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results (7 AD/HC in 12 years).  Acknowledge the previous strategy (or lack there of) was flawed, correct it, and go hire a proven AD/HC with a track record of success in all sports who will invest 4-5 years minimum to build something to be proud of.  Give him the support he asks for, but hold him accountable for results.  Last but not least, do NOT separate the AD & HFC roles into two positions!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RKS21 said:

With the Principal being an old Carthage boy, maybe he can recruit one of the dudes off Surratt's staff to come over and straighten up the Big Blue 

That is a great thought.  I know which one I’d call.  But again if the salary isn’t adjusted accordingly it’s a mute point.  The OC & DC in Carthage likely make more than current AD/HC salary at SH.

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I’m sure someone with an inclination to do so could look up the salary of current SH AD/HC and compare to expected salary of position coach with given experience at GISD.  They would probably find not much difference in $ for a whole lot less headache and more W’s.  

So the message to SH Admin & Board should be we can’t keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results (7 AD/HC in 12 years).  Acknowledge the previous strategy (or lack there of) was flawed, correct it, and go hire a proven AD/HC with a track record of success in all sports who will invest 4-5 years minimum to build something to be proud of.  Give him the support he asks for, but hold him accountable for results.  Last but not least, do NOT separate the AD & HFC roles into two positions!

HMMMMM.......I have no words..........

image.png

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TrumpisDump said:

Who would want to walk into this hellfire... 

Screenshot_20220223-083211_Twitter.jpg

Out of that group only Robert Bero had a better season record than 5-5. Bero went 8-4 in 04, 6-5 in 06, 7-4 in 07. His last season there in 2012 was 2-8. Spring Hill has been a revolving door of no better that 5-5 since. 

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Spring Hill hires Shawn Copeland (AD) and Brandon Joslin (HFC)