UPDATE: Spring Hill hires Shawn Copeland (AD) and Brandon Joslin (HFC)

Valhalla

2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

He is a good dude.  He will earn there trust soon enough.  I bet none of them will make that last statement in front Coach Metzel.  🤐

I mean Metzel isn’t God lol but you figure a new coach would come in and try to Gel especially with the coach that he’s replacing they loved.

3 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I know one thing he better chill out coming in yelling at the kids and stuff when they don’t even know him. Several kids has already said like who do he think he is we don’t know him for him to come in yelling he’s comes from Spring Hill he’s not a winner lol not my words. 

He better just simma down now, cause I know his Mama.  Don't make me have to go there.

10 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I know one thing he better chill out coming in yelling at the kids and stuff when they don’t even know him. Several kids has already said like who do he think he is we don’t know him for him to come in yelling he’s comes from Spring Hill he’s not a winner lol not my words. 

Soft TobinFrost kids these days. Too soft to take getting yelled at, hard enough to think they know more than the coach just because his last stop didn't win enough. The whole world is in decay and, as displayed here, adults are supporting the behavior. As a grown man, you should've ripped into their behinds and told them that if they listened as much as they talked, they may have had a chance to make a respectable showing against China Spring last season. But hey, can't have coaches yelling at kids, now can we.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Soft TobinFrost kids these days. Too soft to take getting yelled at, hard enough to think they know more than the coach just because his last stop didn't win enough. The whole world is in decay and, as displayed here, adults are supporting the behavior. As a grown man, you should've ripped into their behinds and told them that if they listened as much as they talked, they may have had a chance to make a respectable showing against China Spring last season. But hey, can't have coaches yelling at kids, now can we.  

It goes both ways you have to earn kids trust and respect. It’s not because of his last stop but what makes kids wanna go to war for you is to show them they can trust you and building a bond not by just coming in and just yelling and doing whatever just because you’re a coach. I bet you’re one of those type of people that think just because a person is grown that they should be listened to sorry sir don’t work that way respect goes both ways. I’m not saying the guy is a bad coach or good coach that’s yet to be seen but when you’re replacing a guy the kids loved you have to earn some type of trust there is all I’m saying.

51 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

It goes both ways you have to earn kids trust and respect. It’s not because of his last stop but what makes kids wanna go to war for you is to show them they can trust you and building a bond not by just coming in and just yelling and doing whatever just because you’re a coach. I bet you’re one of those type of people that think just because a person is grown that they should be listened to sorry sir don’t work that way respect goes both ways. I’m not saying the guy is a bad coach or good coach that’s yet to be seen but when you’re replacing a guy the kids loved you have to earn some type of trust there is all I’m saying.

They are in the middle of Spring off-season workouts right?  Buckeye Maker or whatever you guys call it.  It would make sense that Metzel instructed the assistant coaches to be high energy with their kids to push them.  Kind of like early August practice and 1st scrimmages.  How would it look for all the other coaches to take that direction but not the new guy?  And how would Metzel respond if Griff said “I don’t want to hurt their feelings this early.  I wanted to earn their respect first.”  I assure you that by the time August rolls around Griff will have earned their respect.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

They are in the middle of Spring off-season workouts right?  Buckeye Maker or whatever you guys call it.  It would make sense that Metzel instructed the assistant coaches to be high energy with their kids to push them.  Kind of like early August practice and 1st scrimmages.  How would it look for all the other coaches to take that direction but not the new guy?  And how would Metzel respond if Griff said “I don’t want to hurt their feelings this early.  I wanted to earn their respect first.”  I assure you that by the time August rolls around Griff will have earned their respect.

No it’s not buckeye maker it hasn’t started yet but like I said hopefully it all works out I’m just saying what I heard the kids saying.

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Grown men with long coaching careers do not owe 16 and 17 year olds any type of respect. In fact, it's the other way around. You truly believe it is an adults job to earn a kids respect, but not a kids job to offer respect to adults? Contrary to popular belief, people who have lived more life typically know more than kids who have never even paid a light bill. In actuality, it's the kids job to earn respect from the coach, not the other way around. Once the kids earn that respect, the yelling begins to die down because the coach knows he doesn't have to ride the player as hard to get the desired results. 

But hey, I have been wondering why we've been seeing the erosion of Gilmer's program. Now I know. 

• Like 4
  • LOL! 1

11 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Grown men with long coaching careers do not owe 16 and 17 year olds any type of respect. In fact, it's the other way around. You truly believe it is an adults job to earn a kids respect, but not a kids job to offer respect to adults? Contrary to popular belief, people who have lived more life typically know more than kids who have never even paid a light bill. In actuality, it's the kids job to earn respect from the coach, not the other way around. Once the kids earn that respect, the yelling begins to die down because the coach knows he doesn't have to ride the player as hard to get the desired results. 

But hey, I have been wondering why we've been seeing the erosion of Gilmer's program. Now I know. 

Hahaha yea ok our program is going down lol, how many programs have had more consistency then ours don’t worry I’ll wait I can bet it’s not many. If you think respect doesn’t go both ways your crazy. I bet our program is more successful than the team you root for.

10 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Hahaha yea ok our program is going down lol, how many programs have had more consistency then ours don’t worry I’ll wait I can bet it’s not many. If you think respect doesn’t go both ways your crazy. I bet our program is more successful than the team you root for.

No dog in this fight. Just because you are older doesn’t mean you should garner someone’s respect. Everyone should garner your respect initially. As for a coach, that is different. They are there to do a job. To coach kids hard, coach them up, and teach them how to deal with adversity. Our coaches are tough as hell on our kids. Nobody says a word either. Sure the kids might get frustrated at the time, but the parents and kids know it is coming from a good place. If athletes don’t want to play because they are getting yelled at, I don’t want them on my team. 

From Canadian. We have been moderately successful.

• Like 7

Guest Tiger03lb
6 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

SHISD has two positions posted on district website - AD & HFC.

Makes the HFC job less attractive, imo.

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Agree.  Tatum or Gilmer fan about to harass you for using “attractive” to describe the HFC job at SH.    3…..2……1…..😂

We shall see

4 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Agree.  Tatum or Gilmer fan about to harass you for using “attractive” to describe the HFC job at SH.    3…..2……1…..😂

Nah. Tatum could care less and Gilmer just wonder about next player or coach they can get from there. 

On 3/14/2022 at 9:37 AM, PantherNation2015 said:

SHISD has two positions posted on district website - AD & HFC.

This is gonna be a joke.  A result of no leadership.  And baseball parents thinking the AD doesn't give baseball the attention they feel it deserves.  In my opinion, and we all know about those, ya'll deserve better.

8 hours ago, BringBacktheVEER said:

This is gonna be a joke.  A result of no leadership.  And baseball parents thinking the AD doesn't give baseball the attention they feel it deserves.  In my opinion, and we all know about those, ya'll deserve better.

I have no inside info to validate, but I feel like we will see a current staff member (non-football) get the AD role and a new HFC will be hired from the outside.  Hoping for the best.

9 hours ago, BringBacktheVEER said:

Baseball parents are the real snowflakes.

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Spring Hill hires Shawn Copeland (AD) and Brandon Joslin (HFC)