Jump to content

UPDATE: Spring Hill hires Shawn Copeland (AD) and Brandon Joslin (HFC)


Valhalla
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Or Gilmer.  Or Carthage.  🤷‍♂️

They aren't in the city of Longview are they? My point was with Longview the school In the city for football harder for the other two schools in town. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

They aren't in the city of Longview are they? My point was with Longview the school In the city for football harder for the other two schools in town. 

I understand what you are saying.  Yes having a big brother like Longview with such rich football tradition whose district touches SHISD is tough.  But my point was LISD isn’t the only place that talented future Panthers have gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I understand what you are saying.  Yes having a big brother like Longview with such rich football tradition whose district touches SHISD is tough.  But my point was LISD isn’t the only place that talented future Panthers have gone.

Heck, it’s Gilmer ISD three minutes down the road from SHHS. 
 

It isn’t hard to get to a better school for football for SH kids.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Heck, it’s Gilmer ISD three minutes down the road from SHHS. 
 

It isn’t hard to get to a better school for football for SH kids.

Well maybe a little further than 3 mins, but yes the districts connect.  And yes if a kid’s family has the means to move from SH to Gilmer it’s not hard to do.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Well maybe a little further than 3 mins, but yes the districts connect.  And yes if a kid’s family has the means to move from SH to Gilmer it’s not hard to do.

Corner of 1844 & 300 is Gilmer ISD, so actually less than 3 minutes, unless you are jogging, rather than driving.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/17/2022 at 3:01 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

Well maybe a little further than 3 mins, but yes the districts connect.  And yes if a kid’s family has the means to move from SH to Gilmer it’s not hard to do.

They do not touch.  Gilmer touches White Oak and Longview.  You cross Longview's district before you get to GIlmer's.

On 3/17/2022 at 6:23 PM, MoveTheChain said:

Corner of 1844 & 300 is Gilmer ISD, so actually less than 3 minutes, unless you are jogging, rather than driving.

Yes, you are correct.

Texas ISD's.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BringBacktheVEER said:

They do not touch.  Gilmer touches White Oak and Longview.  You cross Longview's district before you get to GIlmer's.

Yes, you are correct.

Texas ISD's.png

Wow

That is even dumber than I realized.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2022 at 9:14 PM, Sportsguru02 said:

I know one thing he better chill out coming in yelling at the kids and stuff when they don’t even know him. Several kids has already said like who do he think he is we don’t know him for him to come in yelling he’s comes from Spring Hill he’s not a winner lol not my words. 

Gosh you are not a very intelligent person. “I don’t know who he think he is”. What in the holy crap is that mess? I swear if I had the lack of grammatical ability that you have, I would steer clear from posting on a public forum; very embarrassing man!

  • LOL! 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, UnclePigg said:

Gosh you are not a very intelligent person. “I don’t know who he think he is”. What in the holy crap is that mess? I swear if I had the lack of grammatical ability that you have, I would steer clear from posting on a public forum; very embarrassing man!

Aww sweetie sorry you feel that way 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can we pin this topic. lts been Ridiculous here. Possibility of it being open again next year. After spring break is late. Especially if you need to bring in people and install offense and defense and your program before summer. Have ever male in the school in an assembly to try to build numbers. Have to build culture there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BringBacktheVEER said:

Just in my thoughts right now......  Which job would you think is the better job???? 

Spring Hill, or Sabine???

As far as HFC position is concerned, Sabine is probably the better job today.  But for the right candidate, SH could be a good gig.  Facilities are not bad, better than Sabine.  Just gotta find someone who can change the culture and stay more than 2 years to see a full class come through the program.  There are a lot of kids walking the halls that could make a positive impact on the football field if the bought in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Slickarick said:

Can we pin this topic. lts been Ridiculous here. Possibility of it being open again next year. After spring break is late. Especially if you need to bring in people and install offense and defense and your program before summer. Have ever male in the school in an assembly to try to build numbers. Have to build culture there.

Next regular board meeting should be April 11th unless they decide to schedule a special session.  No news floating around SH on candidates or timelines that I have heard.  I still see the AD position going to a current coach in a non-football coaching role. Then I see the HFC position being filled from the outside.  Then we will see what fallout comes from that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Spring Hill hires Shawn Copeland (AD) and Brandon Joslin (HFC)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...