Big Game Tonight in the Girls Regional Winny vs. Ponder!!

blesseddaily

3 minutes ago, player73 said:

The other three teams playing at the State tournament will have match up problems with Fairfield. 

I was thinking the same thing about the other three teams playing against Winny!!! Seriously!! They have a very good inside game coupled with very good outside shooting so teams can't concentrate on stopping one part of the offense...add to that a tenacious full court press that they can run the whole game...well, it's one of the best girls team I have seen in a long time...give me a rundown on Fairfield!!

24 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

I was thinking the same thing about the other three teams playing against Winny!!! Seriously!! They have a very good inside game coupled with very good outside shooting so teams can't concentrate on stopping one part of the offense...add to that a tenacious full court press that they can run the whole game...well, it's one of the best girls team I have seen in a long time...give me a rundown on Fairfield!!

If this lineup is correct, Winnsboro & Fairfield won’t meet until the finals.  This was on social media so unconfirmed.  They have some common opponents, including Malakoff.  Perhaps we should ask Tiger to weigh in.

75CEE9AC-100B-4BD3-8303-A8E32ED456B6.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

If this lineup is correct, Winnsboro & Fairfield won’t meet until the finals.  This was on social media so unconfirmed.  They have some common opponents, including Malakoff.  Perhaps we should ask Tiger to weigh in.

I hope that is correct!! I was just trying to find out what the match-ups for the state tournament were going to be!! 

15 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

I hope that is correct!! I was just trying to find out what the match-ups for the state tournament were going to be!! 

Bishop is 31-5.  Most of their opponents are outside of our area.  However, they lost to Sunnyvale on 12/30 by 18 in a tourney.  Sunnyvale lost to Brownsboro by 5 in the Reg Finals today.  Winnsboro split with Brownsboro this year.  Doesn’t look like they have a player on the roster over 5’10.

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
30 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Fairfield plays great defense, can shoot wherever and has a few shooters too, as player73 was saying they can cause match up problems, overall they are solid. 

As for the Winny win against koff. I can't speak on that cause I wasn't there or watch the game. But there is a difference in a tournament champ and playing for a state title. You get more out of players when in the playoffs. Plus that was two months ago. A lot can change in that time. Just my two cents for what it is worth. Good luck to everyone, as I'm sure there will be some good games. 

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

Fairfield plays great defense, can shoot wherever and has a few shooters too, as player73 was saying they can cause match up problems, overall they are solid. 

As for the Winny win against koff. I can't speak on that cause I wasn't there or watch the game. But there is a difference in a tournament champ and playing for a state title. You get more out of players when in the playoffs. Plus that was two months ago. A lot can change in that time. Just my two cents for what it is worth. Good luck to everyone, as I'm sure there will be some good games. 

Winnsboro has 5 losses on the year.  4 of them are to teams still playing.  The other was to a school from AR.  Not sure about them.  I’d say they are more than just tournament champs.  Any of the 4 teams left in 3A can win it.

12 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Winnsboro has 5 losses on the year.  4 of them are to teams still playing.  The other was to a school from AR.  Not sure about them.  I’d say they are more than just tournament champs.  Any of the 4 teams left in 3A can win it.

Fairfield only Lose is to La Vega by 51-47 and was missing two of their best players due to Covid. 

they are 38-1

18 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Fairfield beat

friedricksburg who just beat borne to go to state Fairfield beat both teams by 23 and 24 blow outs

They beat brownsboro who just made it to state who beat Sunnyvale who they beat both teams at the first of the season.

your about to find out how good they are.

fairfield is at state for third straight year…beat argyle two years ago and then lost a heart breaker in the finals. They have mostly juniors and younger and the brackens girls was MVP here freshman year at state and wilL be again this year.

just get ready bud

26 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Y’all lost to John Paul

Fairfield beat John Paul 

yall Lost to brownsboro and Fairfield beat em.

this is why you can’t go on similar opponents 

Winnsboro overcame great odds yesterday to get that win. One of the top scorers and senior point guard was called for 4 fouls in the first 5 minutes of the game. Top scorer and stud post fouls out with 2-3 minutes to go in 3rd and we were down 8 at the time. Other senior leader takes a hard fall on her tail bone and plays only a couple of minutes in the second half. Second tallest girl fouls out midway through the 4th. Incredible grit and determination and a couple of freshman along with 8 huge points in the 3rd from the senior who had 4 fouls led this team to victory 

12 hours ago, player73 said:

The other three teams playing at the State tournament will have match up problems with Fairfield. 

They definitely have some incredible talent and are in the midst of an outstanding run the last 3 years that will also continue next year. Im certain they didn’t expect to get beat last year either and Brownfield got them so at this point anything can happen 

11 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Fairfield is oozing with talent and experience. Athletic, tall, fast. Total package. Definitely has to be the favorite. But im certain they were last year too and they got beat in the final so who knows what will take place this year 

• Like 1

Region 1 and 2 will have the most battle tested representatives. Region 4 representative Bishop will bring back every player from last years final 4 trip. Region 3 representative Fairfield will come in for the 3rd straight year boasting an impressive lineup of players who several of them making their 3rd trip. Region 1 representative Idalou finally breaks through with a murderers row of opponents through the playoffs after a heartbreaking loss last year to eventual state champ Brownfield. Region 2 representative Winnsboro gets back to the dance after missing out last year. Looking forward to a great tournament 

8 hours ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Fairfield only Lose is to La Vega by 51-47 and was missing two of their best players due to Covid. 

they are 38-1

We know the record and the talent.  Canadian was 35-1 yesterday and took the L.  Anything can happen at this point in the season.  All teams are capable.

Guest Tiger03lb
9 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Never said they were just tournament champs but playing for a title would kinda change your mindset, right? What does records have to do with in the playoffs, nothing. 

1 minute ago, Tiger03lb said:

Never said they were just tournament champs but playing for a title would kinda change your mindset, right? What does records have to do with in the playoffs, nothing. 

Correct - records don’t mean squat.  It’s a single elimination tourney.  Winnsboro has been to the final four 13 times since 1991 and won 3 titles.  They have the right mindset.  Looking forward to some great matchups.

I agree anything can happen but will it. Fairfield could easily be going for a three peat but lost their composure and a 6 or 7 point lead in the final minutes and Brownfield made them pay. So sure anything can happen. No doubt there are some special teams in the final 4. IMO, I would not try and run with them. Good luck to all the teams. 

34 minutes ago, player73 said:

I agree anything can happen but will it. Fairfield could easily be going for a three peat but lost their composure and a 6 or 7 point lead in the final minutes and Brownfield made them pay. So sure anything can happen. No doubt there are some special teams in the final 4. IMO, I would not try and run with them. Good luck to all the teams. 

That’s the best part player73!  Winnsboro plays the same way Fairfield does.  Fairfield has more athleticism.  But Winnsboro has a deep bench.  Would love to see them collide in the title game!

42 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

That’s the best part player73!  Winnsboro plays the same way Fairfield does.  Fairfield has more athleticism.  But Winnsboro has a deep bench.  Would love to see them collide in the title game!

No one can beat Fairfield at their game….Fairfield bench is very deep also! Fairfield is the new argyle in girls basketball they will be at state every year for the next several years 

2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

How did Brownfield beat them?

Fairfield went cold and missed wide open shots and free throws down the stretch.

Brownfield didn’t play a fast pace they were methodical team and slowed game down they knew they couldn’t run with em so I hope your coach tries to follow their approach bc if you try to run you will lose by 20 plus.

2 hours ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Fairfield went cold and missed wide open shots and free throws down the stretch.

Brownfield didn’t play a fast pace they were methodical team and slowed game down they knew they couldn’t run with em so I hope your coach tries to follow their approach bc if you try to run you will lose by 20 plus.

Well let’s hope both teams win so we can see the strategy on the big stage.