Big Game Tonight in the Girls Regional Winny vs. Ponder!!

blesseddaily

41 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Winny plays fast and tries to press the other team this plays right into what Fairfield likes to do. If Winny tries to run with them they will get beat by 20+ I promise .

Hopefully both can win their semi-final games so we can see the chess match unfold.  Will be fun to watch.  

I would not count Idalou out!  Anyone who knows anything about girl's basketball knows that Region 1 is loaded every year!  If you get out of that region, you are for sure battle tested!  Don't know much about Idalou but I bet they play great man to man defense, will be real patient on offense and make Fairfield play defense, and probably shoot the ball really well.  I look for that to be a really good game!  Guess we will find out in about 2 hours!  Good luck to everybody at State!

Guest Tiger03lb
22 minutes ago, fourtwofive said:

I would not count Idalou out!  Anyone who knows anything about girl's basketball knows that Region 1 is loaded every year!  If you get out of that region, you are for sure battle tested!  Don't know much about Idalou but I bet they play great man to man defense, will be real patient on offense and make Fairfield play defense, and probably shoot the ball really well.  I look for that to be a really good game!  Guess we will find out in about 2 hours!  Good luck to everybody at State!

Good thing Fairfield plays good defense. Anybody know if this is on the radio? Not able to watch it 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Fairfield will be waiting on Winnsboro now.

Idalou played the best they could

Brackens, Makenna is x factor 

54-35 Fairfield wins

Yeah, whomever they play I don't see either one beating Fairfield. Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

Yeah, whomever they play I don't see either one beating Fairfield. Just my opinion. 

Agree 100! That center won’t be able to keep up with Fairfield fast pace. If I’m Fairfield that ball is across half court in less than 3 seconds after a made shot or missed

run run run 

Fairfield by 22

On 2/27/2022 at 9:17 AM, PantherNation2015 said:

That’s the best part player73!  Winnsboro plays the same way Fairfield does.  Fairfield has more athleticism.  But Winnsboro has a deep bench.  Would love to see them collide in the title game!

Well the two teams get to play each other now. The Winnsboro team I saw play today had better not try and run with Fairfield. I might be wrong but I just don’t think they can hang with Fairfield. Winnsboro has a dang good team but IMO FF is better.

2 hours ago, player73 said:

Well the two teams get to play each other now. The Winnsboro team I saw play today had better not try and run with Fairfield. I might be wrong but I just don’t think they can hang with Fairfield. Winnsboro has a dang good team but IMO FF is better.

Fairfield is the favorite.  Most all Winnsboro fans would agree.   I didn’t see the same level of pressure today from Winnsboro as the Regional Tourney.  It was situational but more just contesting the dribble.  I’d expect something similar Sat.  It’s gonna take Winnsboro’s best to win, along with some Fairfield mistakes.  Made free throws, low turnovers and defensive rebounds will all be key.  Gonna be watching!

• Like 1