Gunter gets a prize transfer at QB

Hawkball7

1 hour ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

You know exactly how/why that game was gotten. And I will give a little inside baseball, for that opening game specifically, Gunter had two teams agree to play, then back out before it ended up having to hook up with Bishop.

1) No. I dont know exactly how/why Gunter got that game.  That's why I said what I said.  Because I didn't know.

2) You didn't actually explain how/why Gunter got that game specifically, just why they needed one.  I had an idea of why they needed one.  I just didn't know why they got THAT one. Not that I am owed any kind of explanation - because that wasn't even remotely the point of my mentioning it nor am I owed any explanation for it.  I just did not know. The point of my even mentioning it was :

3) I'm not complaining about the team or the game; I'm playfully complaining about the distance we have to travel - actually making fun of my own complaining about a single game in an effort to acknowledge how far Canadian has to travel on a regular basis.  It has zilch to do with Bishop.  My reference to not knowing how we got that game was merely in passing - because I didn't know - despite your assumption otherwise.  I get my information from people far more informed than me.  You're one of them.  Example : the first I heard of the Sherman QB moving to Gunter was from an article you wrote.  That's the level of in-the-know I am at.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

5 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

You know exactly how/why that game was gotten. And I will give a little inside baseball, for that opening game specifically, Gunter had two teams agree to play, then back out before it ended up having to hook up with Bishop.

Ok Jason, lets here it.  

Gunter got the Bishop game because they didnt have an opponent and Bishop didnt have a Week 1 game...so Coach Fieszel texted me when he saw me RT Bishop needed a Week 1 game and asked for the Bishop coaches #....a few minutes later he texted me asking about possible sites in the Austin area, so I have him the Pflugerville AD's # (who Monday was hired as the AD at Grapevine-Colleyville) and thats how the game got scheduled in Pflugerville...

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Gunter got the Bishop game because they didnt have an opponent and Bishop didnt have a Week 1 game...so Coach Fieszel texted me when he saw me RT Bishop needed a Week 1 game and asked for the Bishop coaches #....a few minutes later he texted me asking about possible sites in the Austin area, so I have him the Pflugerville AD's # (who Monday was hired as the AD at Grapevine-Colleyville) and thats how the game got scheduled in Pflugerville...

Thanks for that information!

6 hours ago, blueflu said:

Ok Jason, lets here it.  

Stepp posted the nitty-gritty of adding Bishop. I'll add that second team Gunter had for Week 1 decided the week of realignment to back out, so there was next-to-no-time to ask around for essentially the one week everyone has set because it's the opener and is literally the one you know won't change based on districts.

Compounding that problem was one district game got taken away with S&S moving west, so there was a second game they were going to have to find because they had scheduled four non-district games to go with six district ones, so on realignment day they were trying to get two holes plugged instead of one.

11 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

Stepp posted the nitty-gritty of adding Bishop. I'll add that second team Gunter had for Week 1 decided the week of realignment to back out, so there was next-to-no-time to ask around for essentially the one week everyone has set because it's the opener and is literally the one you know won't change based on districts.

Compounding that problem was one district game got taken away with S&S moving west, so there was a second game they were going to have to find because they had scheduled four non-district games to go with six district ones, so on realignment day they were trying to get two holes plugged instead of one.

Thanks, better than not having a game.  But it is a Loooonnnng wayfor both teams!  Maybe we should charter some fan buses.

On 3/3/2022 at 2:03 PM, JasonDellaRosa said:

Me. Del a Rosa, what did baseball have to do with Gunter having to pick up a game with Bishop?

58 minutes ago, ShoelessJoe said:

Me. Del a Rosa, what did baseball have to do with Gunter having to pick up a game with Bishop?

58 minutes ago, ShoelessJoe said:

On 3/2/2022 at 7:19 PM, GWBears01 said:

On 3/3/2022 at 2:03 PM, JasonDellaRosa said:

Ok Jason, lets here it.  

33 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Gonna be real hard with the Dad getting hired as a coach at Gunter

Hypothetically speaking.  Does it matter who has custody in these coach hire - transfer situations?  Say parents are divorced and mom has custody and dad gets a new job. 

26 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Hypothetically speaking.  Does it matter who has custody in these coach hire - transfer situations?  Say parents are divorced and mom has custody and dad gets a new job. 

Yes that matters, UIL rules state you must reside with your legal guardian, so if parents are divorced and Mom has custody that would definitely make things more sticky....

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 11:38 AM, MattStepp said:

Yes that matters, UIL rules state you must reside with your legal guardian, so if parents are divorced and Mom has custody that would definitely make things more sticky....

How about shared custody?

16 hours ago, Ballboy23 said:

Grant may end up playing defense only. The Dodd kid or Hellman may be good enough to run that Gunter offense. 

Hear Dodd has had knee issues in the past. Could be bad info though. If so, will he be able to run the pistol option. I know he is a great pocket passer?

22 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Hear Dodd has had knee issues in the past. Could be bad info though. If so, will he be able to run the pistol option. I know he is a great pocket passer?

Great pocket passer but definitely doesn’t have the mobility of Hellman or Grant. I believe all 3 could be successful at running the offense though. Gunter has plenty of skill players with Sloan leading the way but Hellman could definitely be the other slot. It’ll be a “competition” between all 3 for sure. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...