Jump to content

Gunter gets a prize transfer at QB


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, ObiOne said:

Forgive me.  I just don't have a lot of sympathy for the best team in 3AD2 over the last 6ish years not being able to add the best kid, from the biggest school in their county, for his senior year.  It would be one thing if they hired some top notch coach who just happened to have a talented kid.  Nobody was beating down the door to  hire the Sherman receiver coach.  I don't blame them for trying.  Can only stay within single digits of the 3Ad2 cutoff for so long.  I do feel bad for the kid.  Seems some of the adults should have done a little more research before the deals were made.  

Go back and find the last time Gunter was within single digits of going up.  Certainly not 2020 where Gunter turned in 323 and the cutoff was 350.  For 2018 Gunter had 296 enrollment and the cutoff was 334.  Let us know how many times exactly, if ever we have been within single digits, not that it matters - 0.5 seems to be enough.  Don't worry, most likely Gunter goes up 2024 and you won't have to play us anymore. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2022 at 6:15 PM, ANTI said:

Cory Cain should be ashamed of himself for sure.

I cannot for the life of me find a motive in why Sherman would try to sabotage Grant's career, outside of pure pettiness.

Gunter was no threat to Sherman....kids dad had a job there. Cain and co sure did have fun accepting transfers left and right while at Allen though.

I don't think Grant has anything to do with motive here.  IMO Sherman was tired of losing players(especially this one) while Gunter continually adds to their numbers(except on snapshot day). Grant unfortunately was caught in the middle of two programs neither of which had his interest above their own.  One trying to thrive and the other trying to survive.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rowebot said:

so you wouldnt take the job and the title and have a chance at winning a state champioship at a storied program or are you just trying to be a jerk about a kid and his dad?????? sounds petty to me big fella.......... 

Yep, every coach wants to have a chance to win a State Championship and to win one with your son on the team would be even more special. I don't understand coaches that just want what's best for them, let the coach and kid go. Selfish garbage if you ask me. Why would you deny any player the opportunity to do something to improve their situation or chances to be successful?

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

You should re-read my post.

I didn't accuse anyone of cheating.  But I guess you would know better than most.  

I did.  I read the same as the first time "can only stay within single digits of the cutoff for so long", when in fact that is the only time I remember being within single digits.  Other  time we went UP by 0.5 students.  You are implying that Gunter is able to barely squeeze by each year when in fact it it the first time we ever sniffed div 1. 

Bask in Gunter's perceived loss for now.  Come fall we'll see how it goes.....maybe we'll be battling Howe for a playoff spot.

  • Like 1
  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, GTAlumnus said:

Go back and find the last time Gunter was within single digits of going up.  Certainly not 2020 where Gunter turned in 323 and the cutoff was 350.  For 2018 Gunter had 296 enrollment and the cutoff was 334.  Let us know how many times exactly, if ever we have been within single digits, not that it matters - 0.5 seems to be enough.  Don't worry, most likely Gunter goes up 2024 and you won't have to play us anymore. 

Is this a thing?  Do people really "Worry" about playing Gunter.  I'm sorry but I doubt anyone is "Worried" but keep telling yourself that Mr. superior GTAlumnus.  Cracks me up how high some of you are on yourselves and it really seams arrogant.  I guess you have to be from Gunter to understand they are the "Chuck Norris" of all things football.

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, GTAlumnus said:

I did.  I read the same as the first time "can only stay within single digits of the cutoff for so long", when in fact that is the only time I remember being within single digits.  Other  time we went UP by 0.5 students.  You are implying that Gunter is able to barely squeeze by each year when in fact it it the first time we ever sniffed div 1. 

Bask in Gunter's perceived loss for now.  Come fall we'll see how it goes.....maybe we'll be battling Howe for a playoff spot.

Alumnus does mean you've graduated right?  I should try to explain to you that in no way does that say cheating, but if you've already read it twice maybe maybe it would be better to find someone close to you to read it out loud.  Now I see why you can't understand why you aren't football gods for beating up on teams like Howe.  I'll say it again, most teams you're playing have home grown players.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SBDAD said:

Plenty of examples of great D1 kids that play smaller divisions, especially when they are vested in their hometown and don't move out for athletic reasons.  To me a kid putting in the work(or gifted enough) to play at the next is a special thing at all levels.   I'm just not impressed with players moving to lower divisions to beat up on lesser competition and that what was implied.  I quote "so you wouldn't take the job and the title and have a chance at winning a state champioship at a storied program".    Sorry, but to me it's like putting your better players on JV to go undefeated.  Did anyone really get better, or is it just bragging rights for the JV?  Before you throw me under the bus for being a straight running idiot, maybe you should know I'm more about competing than wins and it seems to work(for me).

The idiot comment comes from the fact that you said 3A programs couldn't develop next level athletes, while beating up on other schools, when that is not the case at all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SBDAD said:

Alumnus does mean you've graduated right?  I should try to explain to you that in no way does that say cheating, but if you've already read it twice maybe maybe it would be better to find someone close to you to read it out loud.  Now I see why you can't understand why you aren't football gods for beating up on teams like Howe.  I'll say it again, most teams you're playing have home grown players.  

Maybe you need more than 8 posts on this board before you go off.  I retract the comments about cheating and worrying, mainly because i know Bells does not fear Gunter, but they might worry about losing  due to an unlevel field.  If we have been barely squeaking by at alignment time show us the numbers, that is all I would ask.  Fact is we have not been close to D1 until the 2022 alignment.  I apologize not to you ,but to Obi, who rarely gets in the fray. I think I have said enough.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, SBDAD said:

I don't think Grant has anything to do with motive here.  IMO Sherman was tired of losing players(especially this one) while Gunter continually adds to their numbers(except on snapshot day). Grant unfortunately was caught in the middle of two programs neither of which had his interest above their own.  One trying to thrive and the other trying to survive.  

Well...there you go again.   Show everyone the numbers that indicate Gunter cheats on snapshot day.  Not even close until 2022 and if I was going to fudge the numbers I would have done it by way more than 4 students, not knowing what the cutoff would be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, SBDAD said:

Is this a thing?  Do people really "Worry" about playing Gunter.  I'm sorry but I doubt anyone is "Worried" but keep telling yourself that Mr. superior GTAlumnus.  Cracks me up how high some of you are on yourselves and it really seams arrogant.  I guess you have to be from Gunter to understand they are the "Chuck Norris" of all things football.

Thanks for the compliment.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, StaphClown said:

The idiot comment comes from the fact that you said 3A programs couldn't develop next level athletes, while beating up on other schools, when that is not the case at all.

Ability to read seems like a common theme today.  Please have someone read my post out loud to you.   Listen for that comment ……… that’s what I thought.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, SBDAD said:

Ability to read seems like a common theme today.  Please have someone read my post out loud to you.   Listen for that comment ……… that’s what I thought.  

LOL hooked on phonics worked for me!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, GTAlumnus said:

Well...there you go again.   Show everyone the numbers that indicate Gunter cheats on snapshot day.  Not even close until 2022 and if I was going to fudge the numbers I would have done it by way more than 4 students, not knowing what the cutoff would be. 

Never said cheat, but the tone did change from snapshot date to the news story about needing 78 million for 92% higher than average growth there.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SBDAD said:

Never said cheat, but the tone did change from snapshot date to the news story about needing 78 million for 92% higher than average growth there.  

Yeah but it is not here, it is projected growth. In 5 years 3A will be a distant memory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have heard that the Sherman admin has been very disrespectful to those trying to leave. With the principal telling the family that Sherman ISD is not concerned about what is best for the individual athlete. If this is true then absolute shame on Sherman and people should lose their jobs. This is a terrible look for a program already in disarray and having its own issues going on. Coach Cain is finding out that it's hard to win when you don't have the best athletes in the state roaming your sideline like he did at Allen. Easy to win when you have freaks but harder when you actually have to coach. Embarrassing that you would be willing to ruin a kids senior year because you are being petty. Hope Grant finds a home not at Sherman and Sherman goes 0-10.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sherman did get the big DL from Denison, Sims I think that is a D-1 recruit that moved there sometime back.  There is talent in Sherman, they just spun their wheels with the previous coach for too long.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GraysonFan said:

Sherman did get the big DL from Denison, Sims I think that is a D-1 recruit that moved there sometime back.  There is talent in Sherman, they just spun their wheels with the previous coach for too long.  

 

He was ruled to have moved for athletic purposed last month

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

 

He was ruled to have moved for athletic purposed last month

Explains the reason why he is supposedly going across the border to Durant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, wingtveer said:

They look ready right now!!  Can’t wait for the season to get going 

They do look good, still work to be done this summer though. I’m always impressed by Coach Fiezel’s ability to redirect his team’s attention from noise to the work at hand. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, 2Punks said:

They do look good, still work to be done this summer though. I’m always impressed by Coach Fiezel’s ability to redirect his team’s attention from noise to the work at hand. 

He’s a great coach !  How ya been buddy ?  Getting close!!!!!!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, wingtveer said:

He’s a great coach !  How ya been buddy ?  Getting close!!!!!!!!

Good! How are y’all? It’s getting close to hot summer conditioning for sure. I think that there’s a lot of work to do, but am confident that they’ll get it done. I’m especially looking forward to pre-district  games. Iron sharpening iron and all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, 2Punks said:

Good! How are y’all? It’s getting close to hot summer conditioning for sure. I think that there’s a lot of work to do, but am confident that they’ll get it done. I’m especially looking forward to pre-district  games. Iron sharpening iron and all.

Y’all take it easy on us 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Y’all take it easy on us 😊

Lol! We could say the same thing, but we won’t. Y’all will bring it and so will we. Both teams will be better for it. It’ll be a great game, can’t wait!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...