Team wins on buzzer beater two seconds after buzzer

Eagleborn

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

UIL won’t do anything to reverse call. Feel bad for the team that got the shaft. How would you handle this if you were the coach on winning team?

Man I don’t think I could accept that win I know mistakes happen but that wasn’t even close 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

You agree to play on a court sporting the name longhorns on it you should know you're in for a heartbreaking loss. 

The team that won played on the same court.. So that's that. 

2 hours ago, nationalpastime said:

There's going to be human error involved in every game.  There was human error involved all throughout that game through officiating...it's rough that the final call of the game came down to human error like that.

Human error should not happen like that at the buzzer in a game like this

5 hours ago, nationalpastime said:

I get that, but human error like that happens a whole lot at the end of games whether it's a blown call like this game or a blown non-call.

Don't mean those refs can't be held accountable after the fact.

I agree, refs are human and will make mistakes.  If you start overturning things, it never stops.  You draw a line and later someone comes up with an example of why something on the other side of the line needs to be included and before long you have the NFL with a billion rules on what constitutes a catch and 45 minutes of replay reviews.

Along with the losing team/fans, it would also suck if you were one of the officials of that game and wanted the call changed but didn't have the authority..........Not sure if the closest to the ball gets the final say, the crew chief, or what, but would be tough to be another official and know the call was wrong and couldn't change it.