BOYS STATE BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT

Eagleborn

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

United pulls it off 66-64….. Wouldn’t say Kimball choked but it was something. 

so far looks like another good game with Mansfield Timberview up 3 start of 2nd half over Boerne Champion . Timberview defense showing up. about 6/7 steals already 

7 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

so far looks like another good game with Mansfield Timberview up 3 start of 2nd half over Boerne Champion . Timberview defense showing up. about 6/7 steals already 

Timberview got some dudes that play above the rim... Fun to watch. 

• Like 1

The state title games we have so far...

1A
Graford vs Texline

3A
Madison vs SA Cole

5A
United vs Timberview

Have no clue on 1A.... 3A I'm thinking will be a 15 point game... Cole is really good but don't have the athletes City View had. Madison should be able to out athlete them. Timberview showed they new out to finish.... If Kimball would of shown the same it would of been Timberview vs. Kimball...

5 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

1A
Graford vs Texline

3A
Madison vs SA Cole

5A
United vs Timberview

Have no clue on 1A.... 3A I'm thinking will be a 15 point game... Cole is really good but don't have the athletes City View had. Madison should be able to out athlete them. Timberview showed they new out to finish.... If Kimball would of shown the same it would of been Timberview vs. Kimball...

So far I like texline,  Cole, & B. united

6 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

1A
Graford vs Texline

3A
Madison vs SA Cole

5A
United vs Timberview

I'd say you're right about 3A.  They played early in the season and Madison won by 11.

Silsbee is just THAT close to winning this one against Faith Family.....the King Kong's in this tournament.  I gotta give it to the Silsbee coaches and to the players......they are certainly overmatched but have managed to make this one of the best games of the entire tournament.  Too bad Silsbee missed so many chances.....otherwise they might have found a way to win this semifinal.

3 hours ago, Indaeast said:

If the officials that are calling LaPoyners game were at the regional tournament then Timpson or Beckville would be in the state tournament.

It took a HORRIBLE shooting game by Clarendon for that one to be remotely close. Hopefully Hudson gets them straightened out before tomorrow

3 hours ago, Indaeast said:

If the officials that are calling LaPoyners game were at the regional tournament then Timpson or Beckville would be in the state tournament.

I was wondering if LaPoyners “captain “ was able to question every call that went against them. I know in the Beckville game, he went to an official every time. 

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

Faith Family Academy  70

Silsbee    62

Final

King Kong Academy will not have such a tough game in the final against the winner of Hirschi vs Boerne.

They shouldn't be playing 4A ball.  It's complete BS that the UIL allows them to play.  Put them in 6A

Just now, trashyhound said:

They shouldn't be playing 4A ball.  It's complete BS that the UIL allows them to play.  Put them in 6A

I agree 1000%.......they play top teams out of state and 6A echelon teams......they should NOT be allowed to compete at the 4A level in basketball.  They are basically a recruitment center for players in basketball......6A is the only level they should be allowed to compete in the UIL in basketball.

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

I agree 1000%.......they play top teams out of state and 6A echelon teams......they should NOT be allowed to compete at the 4A level in basketball.  They are basically a recruitment center for players in basketball......6A is the only level they should be allowed to compete in the UIL in basketball.

It was sheer delight in Argyle last season for our boys to beat those monsters......we did it with a great team and great defense.  And then they almost won anyway.  We forced them to make too many turnovers and unforced errors......and had big Nate Atwood under the rim to cancel their big guy.  In 2020, Argyle and Faith Family were in that Final Four that never played when it was cancelled the night before it was to begin......but they were there again. They won the year before in 2019......so how much further evidence does the UIL need, Huh?

• Like 1

Just now, regaleagle said:

It was sheer delight in Argyle last season for our boys to beat those monsters......we did it with a great team and great defense.  And then they almost won anyway.  We forced them to make too many turnovers and unforced errors......and had big Nate Atwood under the rim to cancel their big guy.  In 2020, Argyle and Faith Family were in that Final Four that never played when it was cancelled the night before it was to begin......but they were there again. They won the year before in 2019......so how much further evidence does the UIL need, Huh?

And now Argyle is moving up to Class 5A.......so certainly they just need to move up Faith Family......at least in basketball......to 6A.

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

Yes sir! 

They don't even have a school district.  They cherry pick the players they want like a private school.  

I think the fair way to do that is to map where their kids live, draw a circle around the dots, and count kids.  They'd be huge 6A at a minimum

2 hours ago, trashyhound said:

Yes sir! 

They don't even have a school district.  They cherry pick the players they want like a private school.  

I think the fair way to do that is to map where their kids live, draw a circle around the dots, and count kids.  They'd be huge 6A at a minimum

Kinda like the AAA Academy a few years back. Those schools don't belong in UIL if they can recruit players from all over. That's like the big market teams in pro sports outspending everyone.

28 minutes ago, IndiansIn07 said:

Kinda like the AAA Academy a few years back. Those schools don't belong in UIL if they can recruit players from all over. That's like the big market teams in pro sports outspending everyone.

No kidding.  I'll never forget the boos that AAA got when they beat that poor 2a school and were announced as Champs