Horn out at Italy?

Slickarick

16 hours ago, supermaroon said:

Interesting move for sure must be a lot of money being given by Axtell. Definitely a great hire by Axtell.

Word on the street is there a little more going into it than money Italy has some issues internally so I've heard.......... at least thats what ive heard from someone i know at blooming grove ........ could just be hearsay but you never know...........

2 hours ago, Rowebot said:

Word on the street is there a little more going into it than money Italy has some issues internally so I've heard.......... at least thats what ive heard from someone i know at blooming grove ........ could just be hearsay but you never know...........

So a possible buyers be ware at Italy. Interesting. Wonder what kind of intrest italy brings. 

5 hours ago, dogs3505 said:

anyone heard anything on this?

None.. with Itasca opening down the road( listed on tasa) it brings two schools in close proximity together open. I think italy has better football and basketball facilities and brings more interest.

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2022 at 2:01 PM, dogs3505 said:

anyone heard anything on this one.

Supposed to be making a hire soon. Step said something on twitter. I think on Wednesday is the meeting.

On 3/21/2022 at 1:59 PM, Slickarick said:

None.. with Itasca opening down the road( listed on tasa) it brings two schools in close proximity together open. I think italy has better football and basketball facilities and brings more interest.

Can't speak to round ball, but Italy's football stadium/field is waaaay better than Itasca's - unless Itasca has done something recently that I'm not aware of.  When my youngest was a senior, 2017, Italy was in our district.  That was the first years for their new football facility IIRC.  Very nice setup for 2A.  In fact I think they were still putting the finishing touches on some of the buildings and other odds n' ends.  Too bad to hear they might have internal issues.

Itasca needs something to happen with that program.  If nothing's changed, they were one of those teams when you played them your entire 2nd string was in after halftime, if not already trickling in late 2nd qtr.

Hope both schools get it sorted out.  Stronger teams in the region make everyone better.

43 minutes ago, Bonecrushr said:

Can't speak to round ball, but Italy's football stadium/field is waaaay better than Itasca's - unless Itasca has done something recently that I'm not aware of.  When my youngest was a senior, 2017, Italy was in our district.  That was the first years for their new football facility IIRC.  Very nice setup for 2A.  In fact I think they were still putting the finishing touches on some of the buildings and other odds n' ends.  Too bad to hear they might have internal issues.

Itasca needs something to happen with that program.  If nothing's changed, they were one of those teams when you played them your entire 2nd string was in after halftime, if not already trickling in late 2nd qtr.

Hope both schools get it sorted out.  Stronger teams in the region make everyone better.

i agree. And basketball for sure. They have a really nice domed Basketball arena in Italy. I know they just built a new Cafitorium thing but the hole school needs a little work.