The MLB Rule Changes Agreed Upon in the New CBA

RETIREDFAN1

On 3/12/2022 at 3:58 AM, KirtFalcon said:

I was hoping to get rid of the DH in the American league ... this sucks ..... 👹

Ban on defensive shifts? What a bunch of wusses ...... 🤪

Larger bases? .... 😂

I've loved the DH ever since it came out.  Most pitchers can't hit worth a lick except a few, and I've always wondered why, but that's the way it is in the majors.  I'd rather have more offense and less small ball in baseball.  Small ball in baseball is like soccer to me.  I know sometimes you have to play it even with a DH in a tight game in the 9th, but not almost every inning.  I don't like the 12 team playoffs.  I don't mind the 10 team playoffs with the two wild cards from each league playing one playoff game though.  I think it's needed to have the 8 true playoff teams since there are 3 divisions now in each league.  I don't like the defensive shift rule.  I don't know what it works with some batters except they don't work on hitting in the opposite direction of the shift.  If they did that, it would eliminate the shift.  I don't like draft lotteries at all.  Just because a team tanks doesn't mean they're going to draft the right player.  Go back and look at all the #1 draft picks since 1965, and I only remember 25 of them being known name players, and only 3 of them became HOFers.  Two never even played in the Majors.  I understand why they're going with larger bases, and it's to prevent concussions.  I'd rather have that than not being able to block the plate or bases.  List of first overall Major League Baseball draft picks - Wikipedia

The reason the DH sucks it lets mangers off the hook having to decide do they let the pitcher hit in a clutch situation, or pull him and go with a pinch hitter ... the DH takes away from the traditional game ... I hate the DH with a passion 😒  ....

On 3/17/2022 at 7:23 PM, KirtFalcon said:

The reason the DH sucks it lets mangers off the hook having to decide do they let the pitcher hit in a clutch situation, or pull him and go with a pinch hitter ... the DH takes away from the traditional game ... I hate the DH with a passion 😒  ....

The traditional game is long gone before the DH, when the courts allowed free agency the game changed, teams no longer have a big incentive to built farm systems when they can just buy players. rich teams have the advantage now. Curt Flood decision was a disaster for baseball and its fans

• Like 1