Amari Cooper traded

Cowboys trade Pro Bowl WR Amari Cooper to Browns for draft compensation | Fox News

At least this gives the Cowboys $20 million for the cap.  $20 million is too high for a receiver, and this is a better scenario than releasing him.  Hopefully Jerry will learn his lesson not to trade #1 draft picks for receivers.  Hopefully, we can sign Gallup and he has recovered from his injuries last year.  Hopefully Gallup can be signed cheaper than many think due to his ACL injury.  

Dallas trades Cooper for a 5th and a swap of 6th round picks. Opens up $16m in cap space. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you don’t pay WRs $20m. You also don’t pay RBs like Zeke Elliott. Back to Cooper. Guy is 27 years old. His contract could have been restructured to where you could keep the player and make his cap hit more team friendly. Dallas chose not to. You add that to the Tank Lawrence cut/trade/salary restructure talk, La’el Collins being on the block, the Dak restructure, the Zeurlein/Jarwin cuts, Stephen Jones is trying to make future cap space available. Why? You’ve got rid of a good WR who allows Ceedee Lamb not to be double covered. You’re bringing back Michael Gallup off an ACL injury and franchise tagging Dalton Schultz. Those 2 guys will roughly make what Cooper was in line for without a restructure. Is Stephen Jones cleaning house for Mike McCarthy or is he setting things up for ‘23 to target Sean Payton? The Cowboys with Dak Prescott and $40m in cap room could be attractive. The issue is Stephen Jones doesn’t believe in spending money in Free Agency. It’s going to make for an interesting 2022 season.

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Dallas trades Cooper for a 5th and a swap of 6th round picks. Opens up $16m in cap space. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you don’t pay WRs $20m. You also don’t pay RBs like Zeke Elliott. Back to Cooper. Guy is 27 years old. His contract could have been restructured to where you could keep the player and make his cap hit more team friendly. Dallas chose not to. You add that to the Tank Lawrence cut/trade/salary restructure talk, La’el Collins being on the block, the Dak restructure, the Zeurlein/Jarwin cuts, Stephen Jones is trying to make future cap space available. Why? You’ve got rid of a good WR who allows Ceedee Lamb not to be double covered. You’re bringing back Michael Gallup off an ACL injury and franchise tagging Dalton Schultz. Those 2 guys will roughly make what Cooper was in line for without a restructure. Is Stephen Jones cleaning house for Mike McCarthy or is he setting things up for ‘23 to target Sean Payton? The Cowboys with Dak Prescott and $40m in cap room could be attractive. The issue is Stephen Jones doesn’t believe in spending money in Free Agency. It’s going to make for an interesting 2022 season.

The 40mil Pescott thing and the Zeke over payment is like trying to swim with an anchor around your neck ...

56A2FE3B-5F4F-4337-B841-4FB170EA7A73.png

You had Dak for $17m last year and $19m for this year. He won’t get the $49m next year because his contract will get reworked. Dak’s contract isn’t the issue. Paying $18m for a RB is stupid in todays NFL. Paying a non edge rusher over $20m is stupid. Paying a one legged LB big money is stupid. Stephen Jones is a bigger issue than Jerry Jones ever was. Jerry would open the pocket book to win. Stephen won’t unless it’s for a bad deal.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 1:00 PM, Stoney said:

56A2FE3B-5F4F-4337-B841-4FB170EA7A73.png

You had Dak for $17m last year and $19m for this year. He won’t get the $49m next year because his contract will get reworked. Dak’s contract isn’t the issue. Paying $18m for a RB is stupid in todays NFL. Paying a non edge rusher over $20m is stupid. Paying a one legged LB big money is stupid. Stephen Jones is a bigger issue than Jerry Jones ever was. Jerry would open the pocket book to win. Stephen won’t unless it’s for a bad deal.

I think the Cowboys is one broke ankle from being done for next season and about two bad breaks from being an embarrassment.  Truestorie

• LOL! 1

22 minutes ago, Doomer said:

I think the Cowboys is one broke ankle from being done for next season and about two bad breaks from being an embarrassment.  Truestorie

That's the first Cowboys 🤠 tru storie  you have posted in a while. I figured you were going with your Cowboys  🤠  will run the table in 2022 mantra again .... ya finally come to yer senses, eh Doomer? ......

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

That's the first Cowboys 🤠 tru storie  you have posted in a while. I figured you were going with your Cowboys  🤠  will run the table in 2022 mantra again .... ya finally come to yer senses, eh Doomer? ......

Yup done, them sunzabunchavaguns led me on the big hype bandwagon once too much. Maybe done with NFL and their quota hire coaches n stuff too.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2022 at 8:18 AM, Stoney said:

Sean Payton isn't an option. He's not a lackey yes man.