Leonard Open

supermaroon

20 hours ago, Bulldogbacker78 said:

I thought the coach they had usually did a great job. 

He did a great job and had been in Leonard for 16 years. He had seven 2nd place finishes in District, a couple of 3rd's and a couple of 4th's, missed the playoffs a few years, but overall he was 103-83-1.

Some new people got elected to the school board, got sideways with him and ultimately made life difficult enough that he said the heck with it and found another job.

Sad deal if true. But honestly Honey Grove might be a step down in terms of classification but it's a step up in terms of facilities and athletes. I think he will have an opportunity to win right away. As far as this job now this is taking way too long.

• Like 1

Not info on Leonard, but one of their district mates may be losing a player.  Rumor I heard today that Bells has a big lineman transferring to Bonham possibly.  Bells may be down a little, Leonard and maybe Howe could sneak up on them this coming season!

• Thumbs Down 1

13 hours ago, GraysonFan said:

Not info on Leonard, but one of their district mates may be losing a player.  Rumor I heard today that Bells has a big lineman transferring to Bonham possibly.  Bells may be down a little, Leonard and maybe Howe could sneak up on them this coming season!

Howe?  That's funny right there

13 hours ago, GraysonFan said:

Down a little?  Bells sr class next year has had more success at every level than this years sr class.  Was said big lineman even a starter?

4 hours ago, ObiOne said:

Down a little?  Bells sr class next year has had more success at every level than this years sr class.  Was said big lineman even a starter?

Don’t know, just talk I heard from a dad.  Probably nothing to it.  I probably was a little over zealous on my mentioning of Howe, lol.

• Like 2

Leonard doesn't have much talent coming up or returning. They are losing one of the best players in DJ Brown, how are they going to replace that production? Also, the new AD/HFC testified in the Gunter transfer situation so I'm willing to bet that Gunter is going to drop as many as they want on them when they play.

14 hours ago, supermaroon said:

Going to be a tough night for the Leonard tigers when they play Gunter definitely feel like there is a chance of the score getting run up just to make a point.

Make the point of......"I'm going to get you back because you brought all the cheating we are doing to light!"

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, chubbychecker said:

Make the point of......"I'm going to get you back because you brought all the cheating we are doing to light!"

You can call it 'cheating' all you like, but the fact is that a group of petty adults are hindering a great kid from being able to play his sport his senior year.

How are things over there? Heard it has started out a little shaky. Rumor is after accepting the job a school board member or administrator already had to contact the new leader and tell him that he has to meet with the kids and coaches at some point? Surely he is smarter than that.

59 minutes ago, OleCoachB said:

You can call it 'cheating' all you like, but the fact is that a group of petty adults are hindering a great kid from being able to play his sport his senior year.

I agree.  Parents and coaches should not try to "game" the system and put a good kid at risk of being able to play his senior year.  Very irresponsible.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bradbankman said:

How are things over there? Heard it has started out a little shaky. Rumor is after accepting the job a school board member or administrator already had to contact the new leader and tell him that he has to meet with the kids and coaches at some point? Surely he is smarter than that.

You'd think......but don't ass_u_me!