New Diana open?

I would say Nick Saban would have went 1-19 at ND but he would have put even more of a cupcake schedule together................... Yall act like ND has all kinds of dudes running around but if youve watched a game in the past 3 years or so you would know otherwise....... fact of the matter..... ND doesnt really care about winning in football the way administration is set up is obnviously not conducive to winning in football....... there is a REASON the guy before left when he did because he could see the massive drop off in talent even when he was there really................................................ 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

I would say Nick Saban would have went 1-19 at ND but he would have put even more of a cupcake schedule together................... Yall act like ND has all kinds of dudes running around but if youve watched a game in the past 3 years or so you would know otherwise....... fact of the matter..... ND doesnt really care about winning in football the way administration is set up is obnviously not conducive to winning in football....... there is a REASON the guy before left when he did because he could see the massive drop off in talent even when he was there really................................................ 

There were several reasons every football coach but one guy left after the 2019 season in which they finished 4th in a tough district.

51 minutes ago, VerumDixit said:

There were several reasons every football coach but one guy left after the 2019 season in which they finished 4th in a tough district.

and the year before went three rounds deep and year before went one.............handwriting on the wall

Just now, Rowebot said:

and the year before went three rounds deep and year before went one.............handwriting on the wall

my fault they had another down year 3-7 2018 but they had a few decent runs before that one

11 hours ago, Buckeyehorns said:

1-19 they should have rented him a uhaul 

They are a 3a school with about 20 football players....gonna be tough to win like that. However, his offense didnt help them much. They put their defense in a bind most weeks. 

coplin went 10-4 and chrisman went like 7-3 and other than those two outliers they havent been anygood.............................................. common denominator is they have a good football year and the coacxhes leave??????????? not conducive to a winning program

5 minutes ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

They are a 3a school with about 20 football players....gonna be tough to win like that. However, his offense didnt help them much. They put their defense in a bind most weeks. 

not to mention is first year they were in a lot of slot t

35 minutes ago, BouncingTurtle51 said:

Got word Friday that Martinez will be out too.  Great coach and person.  New Diana does some strange stuff.  Anyone remember when ND baseball went four or five rounds deep and then fired the baseball coach?

Sadly at small schools more often then large schools doesn't matter if you win. If you dont do it playing the "right" people then they will find someone who does. Crazy part of this profession someone always knows better than you and knows how to do it better with the "right" people. Or so some think.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Slickarick said:

Sadly at small schools more often then large schools doesn't matter if you win. If you dont do it playing the "right" people then they will find someone who does. Crazy part of this profession someone always knows better than you and knows how to do it better with the "right" people. Or so some think.

And the governor can't figure out why there is a teacher shortage!!! LOLOL!!! 

1 hour ago, blesseddaily said:

And the governor can't figure out why there is a teacher shortage!!! LOLOL!!! 

If they want to know just ask coaches. Coaches are some of the straightest shoot people in the business. We win with less talent then people think we have all while they yell from the stands thinking they know better and more than we do. Coaching intro to politics. Craziness. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, BouncingTurtle51 said:

Got word Friday that Martinez will be out too.  Great coach and person.  New Diana does some strange stuff.  Anyone remember when ND baseball went four or five rounds deep and then fired the baseball coach?

If it's true that he's out, and I find that very hard to believe, then good for him.  He is so much better than New Diana.  He needs to go get a big time job now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BouncingTurtle51 said:

Maybe they voluntold him that he will be giving up the AD title.

12 minutes ago, VerumDixit said:

Maybe they voluntold him that he will be giving up the AD title.

my money on that.............................. maybe they are cleaning house and my assumptions have been wrong..................... they need someone who will get kids out for football none the les bc they just aint got it right now............................... 

21 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Maybe they are going to combine AS/HFC duties to try and get more candidates?

they were separate? i didn't realize a school the size of ND would have a separate AD and HFC.

1 hour ago, dillonpanthers said:

Maybe they are going to combine AS/HFC duties to try and get more candidates?

They know they have too if they plan on hiring anybody worth their salt. To do that they would have had to cut Martinez's pay. That would lead to him leaving too. 

1 hour ago, dillonpanthers said:

Why did they wait so late to make this move? Why not do it in January?

No ,telling, maybe the guy they want or had in mind wasn't interested until now or they couldn't get the four in agreement until now. Boards sometimes have to much power. I like the idea of 9 people boards. That way you have to have 5. I know its only one more but it makes it exponentially harder to do these kind of things. Or put in the board policy all votes have to pass by two. that way 4-3 cant happen. has to be 5-2 either way.