Jump to content

Lots of Jobs Open !


RKS21
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, StoneColdSteveAustin said:

The pay sucks. The insurance sucks. Losing summertime sucks. Before Before sucks. After After sucks. Weekends suck. Admin sucks.

that's those +10 days and others duties as assigned don't you know. 

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, StoneColdSteveAustin said:

5, 10, 15, 20.... had them all. Icing on the cake is ZERO... ZERO DAYS

haha wow.. haven't had that yet. least I have had is 10 most is 20.  Crazy profession. Its for the kids and benefits the kids that why you have to do this for free even though it takes 20-30 extra hours a week.  

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have we given any thought to the fact that kids who grew up in this new soft #### era are now getting into the coaching profession and quit because it's "too hard". Old school coaches did the same things, and they were proud to do them. This new era is soft soft soft and runs when something gets the least bit hard. The wussification of America has trickled down into sports and coaching and we are seeing it here. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Have we given any thought to the fact that kids who grew up in this new soft #### era are now getting into the coaching profession and quit because it's "too hard". Old school coaches did the same things, and they were proud to do them. This new era is soft soft soft and runs when something gets the least bit hard. The wussification of America has trickled down into sports and coaching and we are seeing it here. 

I can't speak to the coaching experience (now or then) but I can say that my small-town coaches were pretty much surrogate parents for at least 20-30 severely underprivileged kids per year. The after-school after-practice after-after hours spent listening to countless sob stories and trying to counsel kids with emotional problems and bad home situations. Hundreds of dollars in gas money giving students rides to and from school. Before-school tutoring for kids whose parents worked long hours, or didn't have parents. And the cafeteria ladies knew coach was good to cover lunch debts as well. 

Yeah, maybe it wasn't all above board according to UIL, but coaching is a damned tough gig. Too tough for me, that's for sure. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of people get into education and coaching with the belief that it is an easier job where you just get to work with kids and get off at 330 in the afternoon. Those people generally do not make it very far and have tons of complaints. Working in education requires sacrifice and a genuine love of helping kids find their path in life. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2022 at 1:49 PM, 2wedge said:

Have we given any thought to the fact that kids who grew up in this new soft #### era are now getting into the coaching profession and quit because it's "too hard". Old school coaches did the same things, and they were proud to do them. This new era is soft soft soft and runs when something gets the least bit hard. The wussification of America has trickled down into sports and coaching and we are seeing it here. 

Agree completely. Nowadays there are  coaches all over the field so the kids can get “one on one” attention. Coaches don’t have to work as hard as we used to therefore contributing to the softness of the job. Also I blame the spread offense for some of it, kids all over the field so they don’t have as much contact as in the old days. 

  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2022 at 1:49 PM, 2wedge said:

Have we given any thought to the fact that kids who grew up in this new soft #### era are now getting into the coaching profession and quit because it's "too hard". Old school coaches did the same things, and they were proud to do them. This new era is soft soft soft and runs when something gets the least bit hard. The wussification of America has trickled down into sports and coaching and we are seeing it here. 

A trend: Old people calling the younger generation soft to justify and ignore problems. Never leads to any fix, but also displaces blame away from themselves.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2022 at 1:49 PM, 2wedge said:

Have we given any thought to the fact that kids who grew up in this new soft #### era are now getting into the coaching profession and quit because it's "too hard". Old school coaches did the same things, and they were proud to do them. This new era is soft soft soft and runs when something gets the least bit hard. The wussification of America has trickled down into sports and coaching and we are seeing it here. 

20AB49E6-6AFC-4D12-B6D2-93917E3325D2.jpeg

  • Grumpy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

A trend: Old people calling the younger generation soft to justify and ignore problems. Never leads to any fix, but also displaces blame away from themselves.

 

listen, he walked up hill both ways in 100 degree heat and 10 foot of snow.  He doesnt need your sass 

  • Like 1
  • LOL! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, dogs3505 said:

listen, he walked up hill both ways in 100 degree heat and 10 foot of snow.  He doesnt need your sass 

Probably worked his way through college too with no debt. Minimum wage was the same as now and it cost about 150-200% less than now, but that's not the point, he had grit. 

 

In all seriousness, this article shows why people aren't in this profession. Its not the wussification of the next generation. Its that the next generation sees that the money isn't worth the time. The previous generation made considerably more starting out than the new generation when inflation is considered. This was even from a couple years ago. There has been no raise, and record inflation since. The new generation is also tired of hearing how tough and hard working the previous generation was when everything was better outside of film break down. 

https://www.timesrecordnews.com/story/news/local/2020/08/20/analysis-texas-teachers-make-15-7-percent-less-than-other-workers/5617850002/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

Probably worked his way through college too with no debt. Minimum wage was the same as now and it cost about 150-200% less than now, but that's not the point, he had grit. 

 

In all seriousness, this article shows why people aren't in this profession. Its not the wussification of the next generation. Its that the next generation sees that the money isn't worth the time. The previous generation made considerably more starting out than the new generation when inflation is considered. This was even from a couple years ago. There has been no raise, and record inflation since. The new generation is also tired of hearing how tough and hard working the previous generation was when everything was better outside of film break down. 

https://www.timesrecordnews.com/story/news/local/2020/08/20/analysis-texas-teachers-make-15-7-percent-less-than-other-workers/5617850002/

Mr. Clean,

Please only use newspaper articles from East Texas publications. We don't want this website to be taken over by west texas oil field trash.

 

Sincerely,

bEast Texas Community

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

Are you still considered West Texas Oil Field Trash if you live in East Texas every other 2 weeks? 

Dual Citizenship. lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RKS21 said:

teacher.jpg

Fort Worth ISD is feeling the teacher and coaching shortage heavily and is trying to combat it early. Other places are still in denial. Lets look at some first year Beast Texas numbers. Texarkana, Tyler, Longview and surrounding area first year pay:

Paul Pewit 34,160   Bullard: 35,000   Atlanta: 35,160  Daingerfield: 36,680  Winnsboro: 37,000 PG: 37,000 Spring Hill: 37,158 Texas High: 43,000  Tyler Legacy: 48,750

Dekalb: 49,400  Longview: 49,500  

A lot of jobs make a lot more with a lot less stress or a lot less hours. I can beat half of these driving a garbage route.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2022 at 11:06 AM, mrclean69 said:

Fort Worth ISD is feeling the teacher and coaching shortage heavily and is trying to combat it early. Other places are still in denial. Lets look at some first year Beast Texas numbers. Texarkana, Tyler, Longview and surrounding area first year pay:

Paul Pewit 34,160   Bullard: 35,000   Atlanta: 35,160  Daingerfield: 36,680  Winnsboro: 37,000 PG: 37,000 Spring Hill: 37,158 Texas High: 43,000  Tyler Legacy: 48,750

Dekalb: 49,400  Longview: 49,500  

A lot of jobs make a lot more with a lot less stress or a lot less hours. I can beat half of these driving a garbage route.  

You can beat all of them including the administrators "driving a garbage route". 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I can't speak for everyone but for me it was a calling. I taught Sunday school and coached little league for years. Went back to school at age 28. In 3  1/2 years I started teaching and coaching. Coached my last game this year. Turn 61 and plan on teaching 1 or two more years and retiring, Would not trade what I did for anything in the world. Had 2 ex-players of mine as assistant coaches this year. Don't think they will be back this year. I really believe that it almost has to be a calling now days for you to stay with it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 514 said:

I can't speak for everyone but for me it was a calling. I taught Sunday school and coached little league for years. Went back to school at age 28. In 3/12 years I started teaching and coaching. Coached my last game this year. Turn 61 and plan on teaching 1 or two more years and retiring, Would not trade what I did for anything in the world. Had 2 ex-players of mine as assistant coaches this year. Don't think they will be back this year. I really believe that it almost has to be a calling now days for you to stay with it.

The great amount of open positions would seem to corroborate your theory. Not sure how a willing coach could be without a position at this point. Looks like several staffs will be incomplete this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

The great amount of open positions would seem to corroborate your theory. Not sure how a willing coach could be without a position at this point. Looks like several staffs will be incomplete this year.

This is the new norm right now. Coaching gonna have to change a little too. I have won a state championship on a staff never worked sundays and another one and went 4 rounds deep. Been on one thay work the most hours ever and went 1-9. Not about the hours but quality. With all the technology and such long weekends need to dewendle to a few hrs on sat/sun not both and go to zoom to help with family time and burnout. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...