Kerry Lane to Gilmer

SHillBuckeye

56 minutes ago, justluvfb said:

So why would he leave PT as AD to Buckeye land...

I think he still wanted to coach kids. I don’t think he was too excited about the athletic Director position, as he would be in more of an administrative position. At his heart, he is a coach, who is passionate about kids and passionate about coaching. 

25 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

I think he still wanted to coach kids. I don’t think he was too excited about the athletic Director position, as he would be in more of an administrative position. At his heart, he is a coach, who is passionate about kids and passionate about coaching. 

Then why resign as HFC @ PT? Coach Lane is great, so I don’t really care why, just thrilled  he’s coming back to Gilmer!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Good move for him if true. Go back and be an assistant or coordinator for awhile. Maybe win some rings or atleast make deep runs, then have a shot at taking over. Sounds good to me

He’s coming back as a position coach don’t look for him to be a coordinator or any sort anytime soon 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2022 at 9:22 PM, Sportsguru02 said:

Lipsey is this the OC still and no way he sharing it .

I wish he would share the duties because his play calling is garbage.... like an 8yr old playing madden just random and repetitive 

• LOL! 1

20 hours ago, Gonenutz said:

I wish he would share the duties because his play calling is garbage.... like an 8yr old playing madden just random and repetitive 

HMMMMM.....That's funny.  Because Alan Metzel is the one signaling the plays in.  Are you saying he's garbage.  I would think he has veto power on any play called.  

13 minutes ago, BringBacktheVEER said:

HMMMMM.....That's funny.  Because Alan Metzel is the one signaling the plays in.  Are you saying he's garbage.  I would think he has veto power on any play called.  

We are about to really see how good metzel is because the last two yrs he has played with kids that came up under coach Turner. This will be the first yr that he plays with kids that has came up under his system and his beliefs so we will see how it goes.

From what he has said on his show (and this is not unique to Gilmer, I'm sure), Coach Metzel "takes what the defense gives him." That's his play-calling philosophy in a nutshell (pardon the pun).

The way to shut down Gilmer's offense (ahem, Coach Preston...Carthage) is to make the ground game an impossibility and keep us behind the chains.

If you can't do that, it's probably going to be a long night.