PROPERTY TAXES GOING UP 20-50% THIS YEAR.

BlahBlah

https://www.kwtx.com/2022/03/25/mclennan-county-homeowners-warned-expect-average-tax-appraisal-increase-30-percent/

Bobbitt and the Texas Association of Appraisal Districts want homeowners to know that there are a variety of factors in play, including a scarcity of homes for sale, that have caused property values to swell by 20% to 50% across the state. They also want to remind taxpayers of appraisal districts’ mandates to appraise property as closely as possible to fair market value.

I received mine this year, and it was stagnant.  Then again, they overvalued the property I have. So much for legislation that was passed to stop property tax percent's going up when they appraisers can increase the value of a home without justification.  

I got a call from my Allstate agent last week to explain why my house insurance premium was going up.  She said the replacement costs for my house had gone up by 150K due to the rise in the cost of building 🏠  materials ... 

At least they can't raise my property taxes bcause I'm over 65 .....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I got a call from my Allstate agent last week to explain why my house insurance premium was going up.  She said the replacement costs for my house had gone up by 150K due to the rise in the cost of building 🏠  materials ... 

At least they can't raise my property taxes bcause I'm over 65 .....

Don’t worry, the rest of us will pull the wagon lol

• LOL! 1

I'm gonna have to look at rates where I live and see if they're going up. I'm close to a year from completely paying off my house. I'm hoping a property tax increase doesn't delay that.

Although, if I had the money (i.e. I was rich), I'd get one of these built:

MAIN-IMAGE-Chateau_Novella_2048x.jpg

https://archivaldesigns.com/collections/castle-house-plans/products/chateau-novella-house-plan

Cuore_Di_Leone-MAIN-IMAGE_2048x.jpg

https://archivaldesigns.com/collections/castle-house-plans/products/cuore-di-leone-house-plan

MAIN-IMAGE-Balmoral_2048x.jpg

https://archivaldesigns.com/collections/castle-house-plans/products/balmoral-castle-house-plan

I am hoping mine doesn't take a huge leap again this year. I am sure it will, as the housing market in my area is crazy--some houses have 2-3 offeres within hours of being listed. My neighbor sold his in 37 minutes for $2000 over list price. Didn't even wait to see if other offers came in. Just took it. 

5 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I am hoping mine doesn't take a huge leap again this year. I am sure it will, as the housing market in my area is crazy--some houses have 2-3 offeres within hours of being listed. My neighbor sold his in 37 minutes for $2000 over list price. Didn't even wait to see if other offers came in. Just took it. 

My neighborhood has new construction going on. And down the street there are several houses under construction right now that are probably going to be worth in the $400K+ range when they're done. Also nearby, there's some construction going on where I think they're going to put in 3 or 4 duplexes.

It was that way on my street for the past 3 years. Houses being built and sold for stupid prices. But the good thing is that all the lots are filled except for one, and that guy can't find anyone to purchase it--because he has 63 acres attached behind it, but no road to get to it. And we have already promised a lawsuit if they try to build a road on the 5 acre plot back to this other property for development. Because it is deed restricted--the 5 acre plot is. 

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

My neighborhood has new construction going on. And down the street there are several houses under construction right now that are probably going to be worth in the $400K+ range when they're done. Also nearby, there's some construction going on where I think they're going to put in 3 or 4 duplexes.