Jump to content

New AD/Head Football Coach in Buffalo!


Recommended Posts

Jamin Savell is the new guy in Bison Land! He was a standout athlete from Madisonville that played college football at Sam Houston State and Texas A&M Commerce. Recently he was the Offensive Coordinator at Willis and Shepherd. He has waited patiently for his first gig and will do a great job. Smart, innovative, tireless worker, and a true family man. Congratulations!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 893Record said:

Jamin Savell is the new guy in Bison Land! He was a standout athlete from Madisonville that played college football at Sam Houston State and Texas A&M Commerce. Recently he was the Offensive Coordinator at Willis and Shepherd. He has waited patiently for his first gig and will do a great job. Smart, innovative, tireless worker, and a true family man. Congratulations!

Seems like that’s what they had in Coach Stone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/2/2022 at 7:49 AM, 893Record said:

Jamin Savell is the new guy in Bison Land! He was a standout athlete from Madisonville that played college football at Sam Houston State and Texas A&M Commerce. Recently he was the Offensive Coordinator at Willis and Shepherd. He has waited patiently for his first gig and will do a great job. Smart, innovative, tireless worker, and a true family man. Congratulations!

 

Must be one of his buds on the school board trying to convince the community it was a great move!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2022 at 8:14 AM, chubbychecker said:

Sometimes it's like coaches have their own publicist on Smoaky.

No chub.. just a friend that I'm very proud of. But then again, none of you have ever congratulated or bragged about a coach on here. 

  • Stinks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 893Record said:

No chub.. just a friend that I'm very proud of. But then again, none of you have ever congratulated or bragged about a coach on here. 

Definitely would not brag on ANY coach that got their job because a good man was fired.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 893Record said:

To all three of you that have never described or bragged about a coach on here (Chubs.. Blessed.. Silk) "Lighten up Frances" if you've ever watched "Stripes"

Can't handle the truth? Also a movie line and fits perfectly in this situation.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, 893Record said:

To all three of you that have never described or bragged about a coach on here (Chubs.. Blessed.. Silk) "Lighten up Frances" if you've ever watched "Stripes"

One of these guys might save your life one day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, chubbychecker said:
  • “We have a pool and a pond. A pond would be good for you.” – Ty Webb (Chevy Chase) Caddyshack

Yeah pond would be good natural spring. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/7/2022 at 2:46 PM, blesseddaily said:

Definitely would not brag on ANY coach that got their job because a good man was fired.

I can understand your frustration, however the firing was not the fault of the new coach.  Too often we blame the wrong people for the wrongs of others.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Playdefensefirst said:

I can understand your frustration, however the firing was not the fault of the new coach.  Too often we blame the wrong people for the wrongs of others.  

Didn't say or infer it was the "fault" of the new coach...the "fault" lies in the process by which he obtained the position. Firing someone, without reason or cause, with the character traits and qualities that Coach Stone has shown is absolutely reprehensible on the part of the school board. Unfortunately, this happens to many coaches these days for the simple reason they didn't play "little Johnny" the school boards son at quarterback or some other ridiculous reason. One of the many reasons many coaches and teachers are leaving the profession...certainly hope Coach Stone doesn't do the same but wouldn't blame him one bit if he did.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/7/2022 at 2:46 PM, blesseddaily said:

Definitely would not brag on ANY coach that got their job because a good man was fired.

Yea you did...but on a serious note, lots of coaches get their opportunity after someone was unjustly let go. I don't like it either. Been there done that. Stone is a good man from all accounts. My point is "Blessed" if a coach such as "Josh F" or a "Rusty N" landed a job after someone was unfairly let go would you not congratulate him? It appears you have a personal connection with Stone. Small towns and lots of times, school boards, have agendas, are too impatient, and almost always across the board, not qualified to determine the quality of a coach. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personal agendas and not qualified are common around rural schools.  The small school board members are not held to accountable and are allowed to become the hiring and firing, rather than the school administrators.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...