⚾⚾ THE OFFICIAL ASTROS 2022 SEASON THREAD⚾⚾

Wild74

5 Astros named to All Star game.  Tucker, Yordan, and Framber for first time.

RHP Hunter Brown everything he was touted to be.   This team just needs a 1B and a centerfielder to keep crushing people next year. Management needs to keep up their practice of locking up players early cause Tucker & Framber need to be kept happy.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

🤣🤣

I think the Astros are trying hard to trade for another 1B bat (Josh Bell).. As much as Yuli is loved he has been terrible at the plate all year

I don't see anyone within the Astros system who can replace him Bell will be a great pickup problem he would only be a rental unless Houston could sign him long term

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Astros finally run down the Yankees and lead them by 2.5gms for top spot.  They have a hard 7 game road trip beginning tomorrow then a relatively easy remaining schedule.  Doesn't mean the Yankees won't turn their tailspin around and get ahead again but you know it is shaking their fanbase and them up to blow the lead they had.  

• Like 3

Surprisingly the Astros pitching especially their starters has been top-notch this year with McCullers coming back and he look good in his first outing it will be hard for anyone to match the Astros pitching on the other hand I don’t think the hitting has been that great outside Altuve  and Alvarez. Brantley is going to  hurt losing him.  Alex seems to pick up his hitting  in this last home series and Tucker is driving in runs but he’s barely hitting  .250 Yuli might be spent  but I have always liked him with the record we have they’re hitting just enough to win. I would like for them to pick those averages up but it’s hard to complain when you have such a big lead and the Yankees seem to be fading . 

I rarely get fired up over one game but the absolute joke of Dusty Baker's use of the bullpen tonight had me literally looking away while it happened. Urquidy was taken out in the 8th after 1 excuse me infield hit and Baker brings in Montero with his set up and closer sitting on the bench.  He actually sat there and never moved watching him give up 1, then 2, then 3, then 4 runs before even standing up.   Montero had been a disaster the last several games he had been in and I would consider him not even in the top 3 relievers available.  This was an unbelievable loss for no reason to open up a tough road trip.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

I rarely get fired up over one game but the absolute joke of Dusty Baker's use of the bullpen tonight had me literally looking away while it happened. Urquidy was taken out in the 8th after 1 excuse me infield hit and Baker brings in Montero with his set up and closer sitting on the bench.  He actually sat there and never moved watching him give up 1, then 2, then 3, then 4 runs before even standing up.   Montero had been a disaster the last several games he had been in and I would consider him not even in the top 3 relievers available.  This was an unbelievable loss for no reason to open up a tough road trip.

The bad part about making a bad decision is when you bring in a reliever the new rules says he has to pitch to three batters you better bring in somebody who can get some outs in a tight ballgame Dusty did not do that and that loss is on him

Astros go through the gauntlett 3-4.  Should have been 4-3 at the worst.  Still a good roadtrip. Lotta home games coming up. We have a real good shot at staying ahead of the Yankees for the #1 spot.  Working without Brantley and now Diaz has lost a step.  Still we have run down the Yankees for the #1 spot.  This team is still positioned for another 4 years of solid realistic championship runs.   That being said  "EXTEND TUCKER NOW NOW NOW"

9 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

Astros go through the gauntlett 3-4.  Should have been 4-3 at the worst.  Still a good roadtrip. Lotta home games coming up. We have a real good shot at staying ahead of the Yankees for the #1 spot.  Working without Brantley and now Diaz has lost a step.  Still we have run down the Yankees for the #1 spot.  This team is still positioned for another 4 years of solid realistic championship runs.   That being said  "EXTEND TUCKER NOW NOW NOW"

We lost a couple of games with the relief pitchers and Tucker should be a priority signing NOW 

• 3 weeks later...

When you are talking about possibly setting a Major League ALL TIME record for consecutive. quality starts in a season you wonder why you haven't heard more about it.   Once again.......ALL TIME IN THE HISTORY OF BASEBALL     EVER

And hardly a peep from MLB or ESPN.     But you know.....it is the Astros.  Much more important to keep up with how many HRs Judge hits in NY

• Like 1

And without Brantley       unbelievable run we are seeing here.   And there is plenty of window open in the next few years.   It is really really special what this team is doing year after year.    Even the "you are cheater" fans cannot truthfully deny what this team is doing. 

All I ever wanted was to be a legit threat every year.  Sure I'd like more Championships but I have no complaints from here on out for the year. Anybody can get surprised in a short series. It is just part of the game.  Just getting there is exciting

Edited by THSfanatic
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

106 Total Wins.   2nd most in franchise history.   A Cy Young winner.   Not a bad year at all   😀

The Astros have a good hitting club but surprisingly their starting pitching has been dominate