More food shortage coming

DB2point0

Now Biden is going to lift a summer ban on biofuels so they can be used to “help” with the fuel crisis he created.  He wants to flood the market with ethanol to get the prices of gas down at the pump.  By September there will be a shortage on grains and corn.  This moron just doesn’t get it and can’t fix one thing without messing up another.  We can’t stand 2.5 more years of the mush headed putz

17 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Now Biden is going to lift a summer ban on biofuels so they can be used to “help” with the fuel crisis he created.  He wants to flood the market with ethanol to get the prices of gas down at the pump.  By September there will be a shortage on grains and corn.  This moron just doesn’t get it and can’t fix one thing without messing up another.  We can’t stand 2.5 more years of the mush headed putz

As I understand it...it takes more energy to produce ethanol than the ethanol itself produces. Also, It is immoral (imo) to put a food staple like corn in our gas tanks.

Just now, EnjoyLife said:

As I understand it...it takes more energy to produce ethanol than the ethanol itself produces. It is immoral (imo) to put a food staple like corn in our gas tanks.

When there are gas shortages and hunger in our country I don’t believe we should use corn for fuel or even export it.  How can we export any food when we are dealing with hunger.  

40 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I'm not sure how ethanol is going to help with gas prices.

I'm also hearing rumblings (hushed whispers, mostly) about how we may be going from inflation to recession, and in some hushed tones I'm hearing the "F" word being thrown around...the word "famine". As in, at some point in the near future, because of supply chain disruptions in food, we may actually experience a famine. Extremely unfortunate if true.

24 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

As I understand it...it takes more energy to produce ethanol than the ethanol itself produces. Also, It is immoral (imo) to put a food staple like corn in our gas tanks.

I think it's something like it takes 1.7 units to produce 1 unit of energy.

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Yeah but no more mean tweets though right?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

I'm not sure how ethanol is going to help with gas prices.

I'm also hearing rumblings (hushed whispers, mostly) about how we may be going from inflation to recession, and in some hushed tones I'm hearing the "F" word being thrown around...the word "famine". As in, at some point in the near future, because of supply chain disruptions in food, we may actually experience a famine. Extremely unfortunate if true.

If so we need to bring back the hanging gallows and line up Biden and his progressive idiots

9 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

The thing is it's only E15 fuel that is being increased.  There is no way I would put that in my vehicle.  You get lower gas mileage, it increases pollution, and I have to use a fuel additive to prevent engine pings.  I can't believe he hasn't been pushing for steam powered trains, but you have exhaust from burning wood or coal to make those go.  We are so far away from even going green the way they want to though.  

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

The thing is it's only E15 fuel that is being increased.  There is no way I would put that in my vehicle.  You get lower gas mileage, it increases pollution, and I have to use a fuel additive to prevent engine pings.  I can't believe he hasn't been pushing for steam powered trains, but you have exhaust from burning wood or coal to make those go.  We are so far away from even going green the way they want to though.  

Biden is an idiot.  What else can you say