Childress

ObiOne

On 4/14/2022 at 10:00 AM, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Unless there is something crazy that we don't know about...the Admin/School board should be ashamed of themselves.

Nothing crazy. Great man, great coach, railroaded by the school board. 
Yes, his team came out flat in the playoffs. The week before they beat Canadian for the first time in Lord knows how many years (15 I think). I think they would have been better served to lose to us before a playoff run.

He was a local who wanted to stay home and coach. His team has been a perennial top 10 team. Unfortunately, without trying to be arrogant, they were in Canadians district.

the school board should be ashamed. Period. I hope they go winless next year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

It's called an ELECTION.......

Yes in a place like childress where I would guess less than 20% of people come out to vote for that school board election..... Not that great.... the issue is theres no check or balance for a rogue school board.... no one to declare that move "unconstitutional" per say............

5 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

Yes in a place like childress where I would guess less than 20% of people come out to vote for that school board election..... Not that great.... the issue is theres no check or balance for a rogue school board.... no one to declare that move "unconstitutional" per say............

You get what you vote for.....evidently 80% don't care......the election IS the check and balance.......

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Showing that I understand the political process......

Then you would understand that the election is just that...... and once elected there has to be a way to check those peoples power so that they cant just do what they want...... Something like a constitution? I think would be a good word for a document describing that process......

3 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

Then you would understand that the election is just that...... and once elected there has to be a way to check those peoples power so that they cant just do what they want...... Something like a constitution? I think would be a good word for a document describing that process......

There are state laws they must follow.....besides THOSE, it's up to voters to keep them in check.....there is such a thing as a recall election....

Go ahead and add this to the "Lots of jobs open" thread. Harmony, Alto,...Childress. Politics at play. To be so successful, more successful than a majority of coaches and you're job isn't safe. Imagine young coaches looking at these situations. Work hard, pay your dues, be successful, get fired/reassigned/asked to retire/ asked to resign. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

Go ahead and add this to the "Lots of jobs open" thread. Harmony, Alto,...Childress. Politics at play. To be so successful, more successful than a majority of coaches and you're job isn't safe. Imagine young coaches looking at these situations. Work hard, pay your dues, be successful, get fired/reassigned/asked to retire/ asked to resign. 

Fedora, Petermen, Mcguire, just to name a few, know this all too well. 

• Like 3