Childress

ObiOne

18 hours ago, Slickarick said:

So internal at this point? I see the Job Posted on THSCA so unless your a coordinator wanting a gig or an old HC probably wont get much looks from experienced HC. 

With him being reassigned and no misconduct being brought up its tough to think they will hire internally. Looks like they weren't happy with what was happening so why go with someone that was a part of that?

Does anyone know what Childress runs offensively? 

4 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

With him being reassigned and no misconduct being brought up its tough to think they will hire internally. Looks like they weren't happy with what was happening so why go with someone that was a part of that?

Spread. Not much intermediate passing. Lots of deep shots, QB power, and RB off tackle

10 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

Yea I Get it. Wonder who gets/ wants this job after a pretty successful guy just got let go.. Must have their "guy".

I agree with most of what has been said here.  My question, as others have wondered, is why now?  Seems like if you were running things you would say that barring some kind of misconduct, as of XX day of XX month we are set and moving into next year.  I don't understand these schools making moves this late in the year.  I guess they don't understand the next season for a head coach starts as soon as the current season ends.  If you haven't made a move by March, you are behind the game and handicapping the next staff.

• Like 3

I became associated with Childress ISD in 1998. I hired one of their finest. The person turned out to be diabolical. As result one of our students commented suicide. I fired this person and petitioned TEA to revoke this person's certification. During this process Childress ISD contacted me, and they requested I drop my charges because they wanted to hire this Childress native. I had found out that this wasn’t the first time this person had committed this crime. What I told the caller from Childress ISD was blunt and to the point. 

Since that day I have carried an extraordinarily strong disdain of Childress.

• Wow 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, VZCR said:

I became associated with Childress ISD in 1998. I hired one of their finest. The person turned out to be diabolical. As result one of our students commented suicide. I fired this person and petitioned TEA to revoke this person's certification. During this process Childress ISD contacted me, and they requested I drop my charges because they wanted to hire this Childress native. I had found out that this wasn’t the first time this person had committed this crime. What I told the caller from Childress ISD was blunt and to the point. 

Uh, this seems serious. 

On 4/24/2022 at 7:08 PM, VZCR said:

Were they hired? That is horrible.