Week 1 USFL game thread.....

This morning we were leaving church...wife wanted to go eat...I wanted to get home to watch the Gamblers game...so I told her "The restaurants will be too busy. Lets go later today instead". I got to thinking...it is probably not a good thing to deceive your wife...on church property...on Easter Sunday...so this afternoon I told her "I didn't want to go eat because I really just wanted to watch the game". Her reply..."We have been married for 31 years...do you really think I didn't know what you were up to." 😂

• LOL! 1

10 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Where has Stoney been? I thought he would be all over the USFL this weekend.

10 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

I did figure he'd watch the Gamblers......lol

Weekend spent with the girlfriends family with zero access to a TV that didn’t play Peppa Pig or something called the bubble yuppies. I missed the whole thing.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

I like the way they have tweaked the rules. Biggest surprise to me was kicking off from the 25 to encourage returns. Every other level of football has been working on reducing/eliminating kickoff returns.

Making the kicking team start 1 yard from the ball eliminates the huge collisions that cause most injuries on kickoff/Kickoff return.........they can't get that running start......

5 hours ago, Stoney said:

Weekend spent with the girlfriends family with zero access to a TV that didn’t play Peppa Pig or something called the bubble yuppies. I missed the whole thing.

Same here. I officiated a wedding Saturday, and that consumed my entire Friday and Saturday. Then Sunday was totally Easter and family stuff. 

Tell you what, I couldn't wait to come to work this morning so I could actually get some rest.   :woot:

• LOL! 1