Week 1 USFL game thread.....

I gotta say, I'm enjoying this. Oh sure, it's still very rough around the edges, and there's been a few production miscuies that can be worked out, but it's not terrible TV. If they can continue to develop the level of play, and keep the overhead down, I think this is a viable spring league. 

The main thing is they gotta get folks in the stands. Let kids in free or something. But an empty stadium is a bummer. 

Just now, LOL said:

I gotta say, I'm enjoying this. Oh sure, it's still very rough around the edges, and there's been a few production miscuies that can be worked out, but it's not terrible TV. If they can continue to develop the level of play, and keep the overhead down, I think this is a viable spring league. 

The main thing is they gotta get folks in the stands. Let kids in free or something. But an empty stadium is a bummer. 

Kids DO get in for free.......:rofl:

You're not going to get Birmingham people to show up to watch New Jersey vs. Houston.......that's why playing them all in one place is stupid.....probably some china virus BS.......I KNOW TDECU Stadium would be full to watch the Gamblers......

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Kids DO get in for free.......

Really? Wow...  and yeah, I don't get the "bubble league" concept. I mean, I get it as far as a cost-saving measure, but it's a short-term gain long-term loss, because you're not developing any fan support in those cities.