15 4A Baseball standings

BlackShirtD

12 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

With 4 games left the district is extremely close.   Paris beating NL last week was the shocker of the race.   Any thoughts?

PG  9-2

LE  8-3

NL  7-4

Pitt  6-5

Gilmer  2-9

Paris. 1-10

PG is a tad better than LE when Jennings is pitching, but they must finish games against the Leopards. The last game with LE was very unbecoming and a tough lose for PG to absorb. The playoffs will be interesting when the 3 games series start. After Jennings, PG is very vulnerable.

11 hours ago, swaha said:

PG is a tad better than LE when Jennings is pitching, but they must finish games against the Leopards. The last game with LE was very unbecoming and a tough lose for PG to absorb. The playoffs will be interesting when the 3 games series start. After Jennings, PG is very vulnerable.

Agree, I also think this years LE pitching depth is deeper than last years depth with Belotti healthy.   Playoff baseball in NE Texas will be fun to watch.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 8:18 AM, swaha said:

haven't paid much attention this season but how is Lance Jackson doing? i wasnt sure if he was playing varsity or not but saw some clips of him vs ashdown.

31 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

Idk bout that . Fincher has rings as assistant and head coach at pg , won it all with Ashdown as well in Arkansas as head coach not that long ago. 

Fowler wins with  a whole lot less talent! Put Fincher at LE and see how he would do.

2 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

Idk bout that . Fincher has rings as assistant and head coach at pg , won it all with Ashdown as well in Arkansas as head coach not that long ago. 

Just curious, how many rings does Fincher have all together?

Next question would be how many does Fowler have?

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Just curious, how many rings does Fincher have all together?

Next question would be how many does Fowler have?

Fowler won it while playing at LE but none as a coach yet. ...I think Fincher has 2 as assistant so would be 4 . 

Both are top in the state imo . Hard to say he is better tho same scenario as last year Le won district and Pg won when is mattered most.. far as talent most years probably so but Le has better pitchin this year and it’s not close. #1 guy hasn’t even thrown against pg yet this year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, txk85 said:

haven't paid much attention this season but how is Lance Jackson doing? i wasnt sure if he was playing varsity or not but saw some clips of him vs ashdown.

He is on varsity. Has the potential to throw hard. As of right now he is a “chunker”, not a pitcher.

23 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

Fowler won it while playing at LE but none as a coach yet. ...I think Fincher has 2 as assistant so would be 4 . 

Both are top in the state imo . Hard to say he is better tho same scenario as last year Le won district and Pg won when is mattered most.. far as talent most years probably so but Le has better pitchin this year and it’s not close. #1 guy hasn’t even thrown against pg yet this year. 

Bellati threw game 2 and PG had him beat until the bottom of the 7th when the PG defense fell apart.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, swaha said:

I would say LE has plenty of talent this year.

It seems that way. I'm an outsider looking in so I look at the scores and LE takes a beat down from Pitt. Seems maybe they play up to their opponent? Also, they had a five game losing streak. Heck, IDK. Hopefully the two will meet up in the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

It seems that way. I'm an outsider looking in so I look at the scores and LE takes a beat down from Pitt. Seems maybe they play up to their opponent? Also, they had a five game losing streak. Heck, IDK. Hopefully the two will meet up in the playoffs.

It is baseball. I was surprised too LE got hammered by PItt. Spring Hill may have something to say about LE and PG meeting in the playoffs. I think LE/PG gets Spring Hill in the third round. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WhyUMad said:

Fowler wins with  a whole lot less talent! Put Fincher at LE and see how he would do.

Fincher would have to change his approach to coaching if he was at LE. The PG kids come in to the program with a high baseball IQ and skill set. It is somewhat easier to coach those type kids. Fowler knows pitching and gets the most out of his players. What could Fowler do if he was at PG? He has coached a lot of PG kids through the Sticks baseball program. The pitching at PG has not been the same since Paul Phillips left.

33 minutes ago, swaha said:

Fincher would have to change his approach to coaching if he was at LE. The PG kids come in to the program with a high baseball IQ and skill set. It is somewhat easier to coach those type kids. Fowler knows pitching and gets the most out of his players. What could Fowler do if he was at PG? He has coached a lot of PG kids through the Sticks baseball program. The pitching at PG has not been the same since Paul Phillips left.

You are right!