Since it's not much chatter...

TrumpisDump

Since '83 D-Field is off limits, here are some of the better ones I've seen in person:

2008 Carthage

2014 Gilmer

2020 Carthage

Underrated pick: 1995 Alto. That state title game against Celina was an all-time classic. Jackets probably win state if it was against anyone but that Celina team.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 12:35 PM, cotton84 said:

E Everett was a D1...........I think three or four went to Stephen F. Austin

Willie Everett went to Baylor.  Steve Stutsman went to Baylor.  David Whitmore went to SFA won 2 Superbowls.  SFA had a few other Tigers as well.  There might be some that I missed.  I was only an 8th grader back then.  Now the D1 pipeline started flowing deep following the 83 team.  But we were either 8th or 9th graders learning from the best.

3 hours ago, GoBigBlue said:

Willie Everett went to Baylor.  Steve Stutsman went to Baylor.  David Whitmore went to SFA won 2 Superbowls.  SFA had a few other Tigers as well.  There might be some that I missed.  I was only an 8th grader back then.  Now the D1 pipeline started flowing deep following the 83 team.  But we were either 8th or 9th graders learning from the best.

Wasn’t Stutsman just a freshman ? Was he on the 1983 squad ?

Vic and Johnnie H were srs. in 1983-84 and played for SFA. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 12:04 PM, cotton84 said:

Wasn’t Stutsman just a freshman ? Was he on the 1983 squad ?

Vic and Johnnie H were srs. in 1983-84 and played for SFA. 

Johnnie H played for East Texas State I believe but that was 30 years ago.  I do know that Johnnie H. was nfl talent but a car wreck damaged his eye really bad.  I had the fortune of watching Johnnie clear 6'+ in parachute pants at track practice once after our track coach got on to him about giving his jumpers a hard time.  I don't remember how tall Johnnie was but he was clearly shy of 6'.  

On 4/22/2022 at 9:02 AM, d0tc0m said:

Since '83 D-Field is off limits, here are some of the better ones I've seen in person:

2008 Carthage

2014 Gilmer

2020 Carthage

Underrated pick: 1995 Alto. That state title game against Celina was an all-time classic. Jackets probably win state if it was against anyone but that Celina team.

Garrison 2001 - 2003 .....

6 hours ago, GoBigBlue said:

Johnnie H played for East Texas State I believe but that was 30 years ago.  I do know that Johnnie H. was nfl talent but a car wreck damaged his eye really bad.  I had the fortune of watching Johnnie clear 6'+ in parachute pants at track practice once after our track coach got on to him about giving his jumpers a hard time.  I don't remember how tall Johnnie was but he was clearly shy of 6'.  

Look at the Facebook page of Johnny (Johnnie)Hendrix and the post/picture of him on February 28 and then get back to me.