WATCH: Pitcher Decks Batter After He Hits Go-Ahead Homer

It doesn't say what happened after that.  Had I been the umpire, I would have tossed the pitcher, and then since it was after the 5th inning called the game.  Since it was in the 6th inning it wouldn't be counted as a forfeit loss.  There's no room for this in baseball.  They've even taken it out of when a baserunner is trying to take an extra base or steal.  The response should be the next time you come to bat.  I hate that the kid was so stupid to throw his college playing career away over a home run, but that's what he deserves.  

3 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

It doesn't say what happened after that.  Had I been the umpire, I would have tossed the pitcher, and then since it was after the 5th inning called the game.  Since it was in the 6th inning it wouldn't be counted as a forfeit loss.  There's no room for this in baseball.  They've even taken it out of when a baserunner is trying to take an extra base or steal.  The response should be the next time you come to bat.  I hate that the kid was so stupid to throw his college playing career away over a home run, but that's what he deserves.  

They called the doubleheader.

15 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

pitcher has been kicked off the team...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

The pitcher got 4 games for the attack.  The batter got 2 games for taunting from the conference.  Weatherford College is considering expulsion from the school for the pitcher

Yep, it turns out there was more to the story than what was presented yesterday.  I don't know what the batter said though in the initial instance or in the second.  A limited degree of smack talk should be allowed though.  When Ruth pointed his bat, was that not a bit of silent smack talk ?  Of course he had to prove it, which he did.  I used to play first base, and there were some kids that would brag that they were about to take second.  Sometimes the hidden ball trick worked, sometimes it didn't, but in league play you knew who could easily steal a base even with all of the tricks that there are.  

20 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

There were apparently some references to a gay sexual act he invited the pitcher to participate in while crossing 2nd base… 

He said something inappropriate while rounding second. The Umpire definitely reacted.

• Like 1