Barry Norton Resigns at Arkansas High

bordertown

4 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Question? Did Marshall ever beat Texas High while Norton was the coach?

Irrelevant question.  But yes… we did.

Still doesn’t change the way most THS fans felt about him personally.

More to life than a win-loss record.

On 4/23/2022 at 12:32 PM, bordertown said:

Per Texarkana Gazette, he is retiring from coaching.

heard him on the radio and i wouldnt say he's retired. more like he stepped down and is likely taking next season off. 

1 hour ago, txk85 said:

heard him on the radio and i wouldnt say he's retired. more like he stepped down and is likely taking next season off. 

So he’s holding the program hostage  from moving forward until he decides what he wants to do……

Seems legit. 

40 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

So he’s holding the program hostage  from moving forward until he decides what he wants to do……

Seems legit. 

No he has resigned. They are looking for a Head Coach in fact today is the last day to apply for the job.

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Seems legit. 

sorry i should have cleared that up a little better. he is retired from arkansas high. i think he lost quite a few from his staff mainly coach Morton and Harrell to Atlanta probably didnt feel like having to go out and replace them. I do know his son is coaching at Duke now for Elko who used to be at A&M so being free to travel out there on the weekends probably had a little to do with it.

On 4/24/2022 at 2:25 PM, Mavchamp said:

Irrelevant question.  But yes… we did.

Still doesn’t change the way most THS fans felt about him personally.

More to life than a win-loss record.

Barry Norton is a good coach that has done a lot for kids over the years. He turned around a T High program that was in struggling. Maybe the expectations at A High never materialized like some people thought. A lot of that had to do with losing kids to other schools.

18 hours ago, swaha said:

Barry Norton is a good coach that has done a lot for kids over the years. He turned around a T High program that was in struggling. Maybe the expectations at A High never materialized like some people thought. A lot of that had to do with losing kids to other schools.

Ark High is a tough place to be anyway. Not a ton of discipline or structure from the school 

• Like 1

i know if you live on the Texas side you can "apply" to go to any of the schools on the Texas side, but do you have to live on the Arkansas side to go to school over there? also i realize there are kids that live on the arkansas side that go to PG,T-High and probably LE.  i just don't think I've ever really heard of anyone living on the Texas side and going to ark high, well there may have been a rb from one the schools that supposedly graduated from there but not sure where he lived.