Barry Norton Resigns at Arkansas High

bordertown

5 hours ago, txk85 said:

i know if you live on the Texas side you can "apply" to go to any of the schools on the Texas side, but do you have to live on the Arkansas side to go to school over there? also i realize there are kids that live on the arkansas side that go to PG,T-High and probably LE.  i just don't think I've ever really heard of anyone living on the Texas side and going to ark high, well there may have been a rb from one the schools that supposedly graduated from there but not sure where he lived.

U must be living under a rock! There has been lots of kids that has played at AHS that lived in Texas. Its like that all over town

• Like 1

9 hours ago, txk85 said:

i know if you live on the Texas side you can "apply" to go to any of the schools on the Texas side, but do you have to live on the Arkansas side to go to school over there? also i realize there are kids that live on the arkansas side that go to PG,T-High and probably LE.  i just don't think I've ever really heard of anyone living on the Texas side and going to ark high, well there may have been a rb from one the schools that supposedly graduated from there but not sure where he lived.

3 games 8th- Jv .  it would be hard to stay enrolled there if a kid wanted to play football 

17 hours ago, WhyUMad said:

U must be living under a rock! There has been lots of kids that has played at AHS that lived in Texas. Its like that all over town

i guess you could say that! i always knew of the kids who lived on the arkansas side and went to the texas schools.

On 4/24/2022 at 2:25 PM, Mavchamp said:

Irrelevant question.  But yes… we did.

Still doesn’t change the way most THS fans felt about him personally.

More to life than a win-loss record.

He never had a losing season at Texas High and had 17 consecutive winning seasons with a state championship in 2002.

On 4/27/2022 at 4:12 PM, WhyUMad said:

Lamichael James finished at Arkansas High before going to Oregon.

1 hour ago, txk85 said:

i had heard that but wasnt positive 

Not true! If they fail they are still ineligible  for the semester not for a couple of weeks like Texas. I know a couple  of kids that are ineligible  right now that cant run track.

24 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

Not true! If they fail they are still ineligible  for the semester not for a couple of weeks like Texas. I know a couple  of kids that are ineligible  right now that cant run track.

are there state testing requirements like texas has in order to graduate?

I wish him the best.  I always gave him complete credit for building a power at Texas High that had been at rock bottom for years. And Surratt WAS a big part of that but he was the head coach.  But we needed a change several years before he left.  Ark High had the best Soph team coming up the next 2 years and Texas High's program was at its lowest.  Ark High vastly underperformed the whole time he was there and truthfully they are a train-wreck right now.

I'm sure he got his 5 years because a lot of teachers here do that to boost their retirement.  I'm sure he will be back coaching soon.  And I wish him luck

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dillonpanthers said:

i heard him on the radio a day or two after he "retired" saying he didnt think hed be gone for good and he was open to just being an AD somewhere.

On 5/18/2022 at 5:08 PM, dillonpanthers said:

Would imagine he's making a very big salary 

That district is about 19 million in the hole. 

Haltom struggles because they have zero speed. 

Richland let’s the inmates run the asylum and is in love with Twitter.

Birdville is the only one that’s  had any success. 

On 4/26/2022 at 8:37 PM, Tiger4Life93 said:

Who do you think is up next?...is it Hope's coach or Volarvich

I wish you would have contacted me personally. Smoaky.com took it down but had you contacted me like our rules state on a coaching change you would have been given the credit but I would've called Barry Norton myself to confirm.

There's a fine line that most coaching change(s) information on this site from members is legit, unfortunately what ruins it for you and others are the nasty, personal vendetta's throwing out, "Is Coach XYZ really out at School XYZ" and then the blank-storm begins.