A Study of I Chronicles

RETIREDFAN1

I Chronicles 26

By: Jim Crews

I Chronicles 26: 1 - 19

Listed here are the divisions of the gatekeepers, who worked in the Temple.

I Chronicles 26: 20 - 28

Here is a list of the Levites who had charge of the treasury of the Temple. They were also in charge of the gifts dedicated to the Temple from David and other prominent citizens. 

I Chronicles 26: 29 - 32

Here is a list of those appointed as officers and judges. 

I Chronicles 27

I Chronicles 27: 1

The number of servants from Israel who were heads of households and military commanders who came in month by month was 24,000. 

I Chronicles 27: 2 - 15

Listed here are the commanders over the divisions for each month of the year. 

I Chronicles 27: 16 - 24

Listed here are the leaders of each tribe. David didn’t have those under 20 counted because God had promised to make Israel as numerous as the stars. Joab started the count but didn’t finish because wrath came on Israel for it and the number was not entered into the record. 

I Chronicles 27: 25 - 31

Listed here for us are the stewards and overseers of David’s personal property. 

I Chronicles 27: 32 - 34

Here is a list of David’s advisors.  

I Chronicles 28

I Chronicles 28: 1 - 8

David called an assembly in Jerusalem for all the government and military officials. He told them how he had planned on building the Temple, but God would not allow him to do it. He told them how God had chosen Solomon to be king after his own death. God told David it would be Solomon who would build the Temple. He told them they should obey God, so that they could be in that land forever. 

I Chronicles 28: 9 - 10

He told Solomon to be strong and to obey God. He told him to focus on doing the Will of God. 

I Chronicles 28: 11 - 19

David then gave Solomon all of the details of the Temple. From building it, to furnishing it. 

I Chronicles 28: 20 - 21

David then told Solomon to be strong and to build the Temple. He told Solomon that all of Israel would be aiding in the work. 

I Chronicles 29

I Chronicles 29: 1 - 5

David told how God had chosen Solomon to build the Temple. He also told of all the materials that he had collected over the years, including treasure from his own vaults. All of this was to be used in the construction and furnishing of the Temple. He then asked for a free-will offering from the people to be used in the construction as well. 

I Chronicles 29: 6 - 9

The people gave generously of their own free-will to the construction of the Temple. Afterward, they all rejoiced. 

I Chronicles 29: 10 - 13

David then blessed and thanked God for all of His kindness and love. 

I Chronicles 29: 14 - 19

He continued in his prayer, asking God to watch over Israel and guide them. He asked God to guide Solomon in the building of the Temple. 

I Chronicles 29: 20 - 22

The assembly then blessed God and offered sacrifices to Him. Solomon was made the heir, anointed as prince. Zadok was the High Priest. 

I Chronicles 29: 23 - 25

Solomon took the throne and prospered. All of David’s officials declared their loyalty to Solomon. God made Solomon great. 

I Chronicles 29: 26 - 30

David had reigned for 40 years then died. His rule is recorded in several writings by prophets of his day. One of them is this very book we have just studied.