Canadians travel across the world to avoid surgery backlog: 'The system here is terrible'

RETIREDFAN1

3 hours ago, Straw said:

I think I would rather overpay that die waiting

I think I've mentioned this before, but I saw a story once several years ago of a woman in Canada who needed a knee replacement (bone on bone). The doctors told her that it would be about an 18 month wait (in CANADA), and just gave her pain medication, which she got addicted to. So then, not only did she need a knee replacement, she was also addicted to the pain medication because she had to take it for so long before her surgery.

Back when I had my heart surgery, I could have had it sooner, but the surgeon wanted me to get a dental checkup first (I was due for one) and lose a little weight. I probably could have had it within a couple of weeks of my consult with the surgeon if I were down to the weight I was when the surgery happened.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

Somebody needs to ask the Canadians if they want to ditch their healthcare for the American style healthcare.  

Doesn't matter when you are brainwashed.  Our govmedia got something like 80% of the population to take experimental vaccines for a disease with 99+% survival rate.  Even though the main manufacturer of the vaccine had recently paid the largest criminal fine in history for lying about their products and intentionally killing people.  Can't make this 💩 up.

• Thanks 1