USFL Week 3 Discussion and Game Thread

I think the RB #12 for New Orleans played for Fairfield HS in the Fairfield-Argyle state championship game 7-8 years ago. Argyle was up by maybe 4 points with a couple minutes to go and he popped about a 50 yard run and the Fairfield crowd exploded...but he was just to gassed and the D ran him down and Argyle held on for the win. It was one of the best championship games I have ever watched.

B-ham moved to 4-0 in the south last night with their win over Tampa so the Gamblers need this one bad. Cant afford to drop 3 games behind the division leader and behind both Tampa and New Orleans for that second playoff slot.

With the game on the line the gamblers D gave up a 4 play, 56 yard TD drive in 44 seconds. Receivers so open a decent highschool QB would have completed the passes. Game should have been a blowout anyway. New Orleans out gained Houston by like 300 yards but 4 NO turnovers let Houston hang around. Gamblers had a chance to steal one and could not get it done.

USFL isn’t bad football. Games are competitive. QB play isn’t NFL level but it isn’t horrible to the point of 3 & outs every drive. The TV schedules are weird. I don’t see the on the field product being why this league doesn’t survive to year 2.

• Like 1