3.88 Jalen Tolbert WR South Alabama

4.129 Jake Ferguson TE Wisconsin

5.155 Matt Waletzko OT North Dakota

5.167 DaRon Bland CB Fresno State

5.176 Damone Clark LB LSU

5.178 John Ridgeway DT Arkansas 

6.193 Devin Harper LB Oklahoma State

...Who?

I always believe in taking OL and DL in a draft--I am not sure that the Tulsa kid was the best at that time, but only time will tell. You can never have too many good OL/DL, those guys in the trenches make people like Elliot look great. 

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

I always believe in taking OL and DL in a draft--I am not sure that the Tulsa kid was the best at that time, but only time will tell. You can never have too many good OL/DL, those guys in the trenches make people like Elliot look great. 

By all accounts I have heard, he was not a first round talent ....

On 5/2/2022 at 1:49 PM, Straw said:

You even watch college football?

NNot as much as I used to, no. But back in the late '80s and '90s I practically ran my own draft guide. There are way less former 4/5⭐ recruits getting drafted. Way more "small school" and non-"top tier" school players getting drafted. Good for them. 

10 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

NNot as much as I used to, no. But back in the late '80s and '90s I practically ran my own draft guide. There are way less former 4/5⭐ recruits getting drafted. Way more "small school" and non-"top tier" school players getting drafted. Good for them. 

You’re definitely seeing a trend in athletic traits versus good tape. This kid is fundamentally sound, he’s undersized and isn’t a gifted athlete. This kids an “first off the bus”, Adonis who stands 6-8,300 pounds and runs a 4.2 but has no idea how to use his hands, feet or any kind of technique.

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

You’re definitely seeing a trend in athletic traits versus good tape. This kid is fundamentally sound, he’s undersized and isn’t a gifted athlete. This kids an “first off the bus”, Adonis who stands 6-8,300 pounds and runs a 4.2 but has no idea how to use his hands, feet or any kind of technique.

He's got the holding technique down pat .....

20 hours ago, Stoney said:

Reportedly, Dallas hired o-line coaching guru Duke Manyweather today. If true that’s a big get for a team that needs some development at that position.

Are you sure they didn't just hire Phil Pozderac--he would be a great mentor for Tyler Smith.........:rofl: