Eustace

Coach0001

29 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

supposedly people on staff are trying to get out

I think they struggle to keep people anyway. An AD turnover coaches will always look. 

Lake close by and good pay. I think the facilities are good there too. Big problem is a tough district with a lack of athletes. Being competitive is probably the realistic goal, but like a lot of places, I doubt the community believes that.  

tough place to win in the district, good facilities for the size and area. Think the town pressures for wins and has delusions of grandeur ( i think all towns do). Need a guy to stay for 3-4 years to build something build a culture to get the kids to buy in and play above their level.  

4 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

I think they struggle to keep people anyway. An AD turnover coaches will always look. 

Lake close by and good pay. I think the facilities are good there too. Big problem is a tough district with a lack of athletes. Being competitive is probably the realistic goal, but like a lot of places, I doubt the community believes that.  

Crazy nice facilities. Gotta deal with crazy lake people though. IYKYK 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

Honestly, Eustace does a great job of recruiting a “high energy” guy from a big school with their facilities and pay. That, typically younger, big school guy comes in, does what most everyone does, and when they’re not winning and getting deep in to the playoffs the community and upper admin put them through the ringer. 

Its so much easier for communities like this to blame one person for the fault of the gene pool and lack of community holding their kids accountable for poor work ethic and apathy.  Then places don’t understand why people want to jump ship there. They really don’t understand what they’re going to get themselves in to. There’s a lack of good coaches (or coaches period) and they might be hiring their staff in late June to right before August. Sadly, the new AD is going to be blamed for it too. 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 1:34 PM, nationalpastime said:

Honestly, Eustace does a great job of recruiting a “high energy” guy from a big school with their facilities and pay. That, typically younger, big school guy comes in, does what most everyone does, and when they’re not winning and getting deep in to the playoffs the community and upper admin put them through the ringer. 

Its so much easier for communities like this to blame one person for the fault of the gene pool and lack of community holding their kids accountable for poor work ethic and apathy.  Then places don’t understand why people want to jump ship there. They really don’t understand what they’re going to get themselves in to. There’s a lack of good coaches (or coaches period) and they might be hiring their staff in late June to right before August. Sadly, the new AD is going to be blamed for it too. 

Well put. I'll add, a quality Supt can take pressure away from AD and head coaches but they often worry that if they don't do anything, their job is next.

On 5/7/2022 at 1:34 PM, nationalpastime said:

Definitely agree. only way you get  a good staff at this point( and this isn't always the case) is for the new guy to be able to bring in people that have said i will come with you once you get the job. Its very late for this type of job. New guy needs at least 3 years to develop kids, culture and strong staff. Sadly Wins is what keeps ya..unless you win with the "wrong" kids. 

20 hours ago, Slickarick said:

Definitely agree. only way you get  a good staff at this point( and this isn't always the case) is for the new guy to be able to bring in people that have said i will come with you once you get the job. Its very late for this type of job. New guy needs at least 3 years to develop kids, culture and strong staff. Sadly Wins is what keeps ya..unless you win with the "wrong" kids. 

It’s also not a given that those guys will come either. I would assume it would be hard to get people in this late to a situation like Eustace. The housing market sucks if you’re a buyer and you have to “luck” into rentals from the locals.  

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tiger03lb

They'll have to hire someone in house. No AD to go with the HC and it's just to late in the year. Wasn't like Eustace was a great destination to go to anyways. Crazy they are splitting this up in the small town of Eustace. I could see some kids moving over to some towns down the road. 

58 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

They'll have to hire someone in house. No AD to go with the HC and it's just to late in the year. Wasn't like Eustace was a great destination to go to anyways. Crazy they are splitting this up in the small town of Eustace. I could see some kids moving over to some towns down the road. 

From what I’ve been been told by some people in Eustace is that every coach on staff has left. Feel bad for the kids that are having to go through all the uncertainty. 

3 minutes ago, Headhunter3207 said:

From what I’ve been been told by some people in Eustace is that every coach on staff has left. Feel bad for the kids that are having to go through all the uncertainty. 

And I'm pretty sure Eustace is not at the top of anybody's list to go coach.

They will get a HC, because everybody wants that first Head Coaching job.

And they will probably get a couple first time coordinators because those jobs are not easy to come by either.

But, the other 4-6 assistant coaching positions will be really tough to fill.

Guest Tiger03lb
On 5/19/2022 at 1:39 PM, Headhunter3207 said:

I haven't been able to keep up with work. But I honestly see some kids leaving to go to mabank, kemp, athens, or even malakoff. 

On 5/20/2022 at 8:14 PM, nationalpastime said:

Word on the street is a guy on staff is getting it. 

Other word on the street is the other assistants that could coach are out. 

Brilliant way to build culture and winning. Hard to prove to kids they are important when there is such a revolving door.. SMH.