Plyer v. Doe

DannyZuco

12 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Then charge them tuition.  In Ecuador children must attend schools, but they have to pay tuition there.  In Mexico parents must pay for textbooks, uniforms, transportation, and school supplies.  Once a child in Mexico passes into high school they charge tuition.  If they are born here, then they shouldn't have to pay, because they are a U.S. citizen just as Ted Cruz is.  Ted's mother was a U.S. citizen, and as long as one parent is a U.S. citizen all children born abroad are considered U.S. citizens.  If that were not the case, we would have many men and women who were born in other countries while their parent(s) served in the military.  

While I know many on here seem to like Ted Cruz, I know he is a US citizen, he is just not a "Natural Born" citizen and therefore is NOT qualified to be president of the United States. 

9 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

While I know many on here seem to like Ted Cruz, I know he is a US citizen, he is just not a "Natural Born" citizen and therefore is NOT qualified to be president of the United States. 

That didn't stop Barry Soetoro  ....

On 5/5/2022 at 8:12 PM, KirtFalcon said:

The only thing we should be doing with illegal aliens is deporting them .....

Bingo!   This post makes all the others irrelevant.  Pick’em up and send them home.  Apurate - Ahora (hurry up - now).

On 5/6/2022 at 1:55 PM, DB2point0 said:

How about no citizenship unless both parents (or at least one) is a citizen first.  That would cut down on illegals crossing the border illegally to have an American citizen.  

I don't think we want to change that.  People born in the US are citizens and always have been.  We can stop the anchor baby situations by controlling the border without changing the constitution.

3 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

I don't think we want to change that.  People born in the US are citizens and always have been.  We can stop the anchor baby situations by controlling the border without changing the constitution.

Why not change it?  Then you wouldn’t be on administrations executive order of it becoming a problem again.  

5 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Why not change it?  Then you wouldn’t be on administrations executive order of it becoming a problem again.  

There are other ways to prevent it from being an issue than taking away something that is written into the constitution.  Maybe have the legislative branch of the US government do their job and get some updated immigration laws on the books.  Hold the Executive Branch responsible for enforcing the laws of the land not just the ones they agree with.

2 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

There are other ways to prevent it from being an issue than taking away something that is written into the constitution.  Maybe have the legislative branch of the US government do their job and get some updated immigration laws on the books.  Hold the Executive Branch responsible for enforcing the laws of the land not just the ones they agree with.

How do we know if the laws on the books work, considering that none of the last 10 presidents have enforced them? 

Just now, DannyZuco said:

How do we know if the laws on the books work, considering that none of the last 10 presidents have enforced them? 

Good point....and actually, kinda is my point.  We don't need to talk about making changes and rewriting the constitution.  We need to enforce the laws as they are written and see what happens.

1 minute ago, JBizzle said:

Good point....and actually, kinda is my point.  We don't need to talk about making changes and rewriting the constitution.  We need to enforce the laws as they are written and see what happens.

I couldn't agree with you more. How are we suppose to know if the laws work if NO ONE since Eisenhower has tried to use them. And he was the last one that went out and was going to round them up, by the time they got to Texas, they were leaving on their own. 

https://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0706/p09s01-coop.html

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

No doubt, all good ideas.  But a child just being born in America should not grant them citizenship, ESPECIALLY if neither parent is a citizen.  Let the government of their parents country take care of them.  

14 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

No doubt, all good ideas.  But a child just being born in America should not grant them citizenship, ESPECIALLY if neither parent is a citizen.  Let the government of their parents country take care of them.  

The "anchor baby" issue is not supported by our Construction  ....  liberals have purposely misinterpreted the Constitution on this issue for decades .... it's  going to take a case before the Supreme Court to ever be rectified .....

39 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

The "anchor baby" issue is not supported by our Construction  ....  liberals have purposely misinterpreted the Constitution on this issue for decades .... it's  going to take a case before the Supreme Court to ever be rectified .....

Who's going to take on a case like that? Nobody, that's why we have the poor immigration system that we have. Bring back Eisenhower!!!!!!