Jump to content

Bond Elections


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, TrumpisDump said:

Well looks like every school district that put up for improved facilities has failed this past week... has Texas high school football reached its' cap??

Consequences of the current economy?  I know many of them don't add a lot to the overall tax burden, but most people right now see that they are already spending a lot more on their every day purchases.  Rough climate to try and convince someone to build a new weight room.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Greenville, Terrell, Community ISD, all failed, in fact in Community, the newspaper said only 5 people voted--all against. :rofl:

And a lot of current school board members were re-elected. Go Figure🤦‍♂️

  • LOL! 1
  • SMH 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PG bond passed.....new field house w/locker rooms and training facilities placed inside the football stadium.  Also brand new baseball, softball facilities that will include turf fields and locker rooms.  New track at the high school and grass infield for the band to practice on

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

Greenville, Terrell, Community ISD, all failed, in fact in Community, the newspaper said only 5 people voted--all against. :rofl:

And a lot of current school board members were re-elected. Go Figure🤦‍♂️

I was wrong on the Community ISD--Proposition A passed, while Prop B & C failed. My Bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MV bond election for new athletic facilities as well as the bond for building improvements and new busses failed. (two different bonds to vote on) Talking to some of the folks from MV they really had high hopes on one, if not both would pass. I really think the uncertainty of the economy has a lot to do with so many bond elections failing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I don’t know understand why individuals would vote no on bonds.  I mean, the increase in annual taxes a household will see is next to nothing, I don’t get people sometimes. 

Really, you don't understand why. With the inflation that we have, where in just over a year, we've gone from $1.50 a gallon of gas to $4? That's $2.50 more a gallon, or $55 dollars more to fill up my vehicle. So that extra $40-75 on your taxes means a lot to people. Plus, school district have to show they are producing a great product. I know a couple don't so why invest more money into a sinking ship, with bonds. Especially if you had money problems with the last bond issuance, as one district had. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Really, you don't understand why. With the inflation that we have, where in just over a year, we've gone from $1.50 a gallon of gas to $4? That's $2.50 more a gallon, or $55 dollars more to fill up my vehicle. So that extra $40-75 on your taxes means a lot to people. Plus, school district have to show they are producing a great product. I know a couple don't so why invest more money into a sinking ship, with bonds. Especially if you had money problems with the last bond issuance, as one district had. 

If it is only $45-$75 on taxes, come on. The people that will whine about it may be the same people who’ll go out on Friday night after voting NO and spend $100 on dinner in Longview or Tyler, etc.

Then the next morning whine about them even putting a bond forward. 

Come on now, you can handle it.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

If it is only $45-$75 on taxes, come on. The people that will whine about it may be the same people who’ll go out on Friday night after voting NO and spend $100 on dinner in Longview or Tyler, etc.

Then the next morning whine about them even putting a bond forward. 

Come on now, you can handle it.

I don't live in the school district that I work in, since I live in the country. But when that time comes, when my school district promotes a bond. I will make sure of what it is being used for, why it is needed, and decide whether to support it or not. But as my home value increases, and with the state trying to lower our property taxes, you can bet that everyone's home value will triple over the next 3 years, those "little" amount become larger amounts. And to tell you the truth, I am tired of paying taxes to governments with only one thing on their minds--power to control people. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DannyZuco said:

I don't live in the school district that I work in, since I live in the country. But when that time comes, when my school district promotes a bond. I will make sure of what it is being used for, why it is needed, and decide whether to support it or not. But as my home value increases, and with the state trying to lower our property taxes, you can bet that everyone's home value will triple over the next 3 years, those "little" amount become larger amounts. And to tell you the truth, I am tired of paying taxes to governments with only one thing on their minds--power to control people. 

I understand and appreciate everything you said in the above post.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

High school football got Bidened. Plain and simple. People are more worried about putting food on table. 
 

if you voted for him you got what you wished for. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, osup116 said:

High school football got Bidened. Plain and simple. People are more worried about putting food on table. 
 

if you voted for him you got what you wished for. 

Haven't you heard? Plugs 🔌 said it was not his fault ....

Blamed MAGA, China virus and Pootin 💩  .....

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Haven't you heard? Plugs 🔌 said it was not his fault ....

Blamed MAGA, China virus and Pootin 💩  .....

Biden is no different than the last democratic president--who blamed someone for everything. It is now Page 1 of the Democratic playbook. Blame everyone else, then start riots and spread hate--I don't what order the next 2 are in though. :rofl:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our current economy and inflation rates do have folks scared.

Now, I still believe each family can handle an extra $50 PER YEAR in order to pass a bond election, but I understand the anxiety caused due to Democrats being in control.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

 

Now, I still believe each family can handle an extra $50 PER YEAR in order to pass a bond election, 

Why should people who don't have kids in a school have to give up ANY more of their hard earned money to finance unneeded sports facilities??? There are many more important things in people's lives than sports.......times have changed.....I find myself coming more to what Ross Perot was saying a long time ago.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Our current economy and inflation rates do have folks scared.

Now, I still believe each family can handle an extra $50 PER YEAR in order to pass a bond election, but I understand the anxiety caused due to Democrats being in control.

$50 bucks maybe the 1st year, then it becomes $60 bucks the next year, especially as they raise the value of your home, in every county, in every state that uses property taxes to provide money for government fixtures. When does it stop, when does the "value" decrease--NEVER. 

Plus, you need to promote your bonds in a positive manner that will encourage ALL people to believe that it will help them. Many school districts did NOT do a good job of that. All anyone say was $$$$$ for their personal taxes. And that won't fly with the older generation, especially when the liberals/conservatives are destroying this country with their hatred and rhetoric. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

 especially when the liberals/conservatives are destroying this country with their hatred and rhetoric. 

You are dead wrong there......the ones destroying this country are LIBERALS.......Conservatives are America First.........

  • Like 1
  • Roll Eyes 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...