James Hong Gets Hollywood Walk of Fame Star, Thanks Fans for Support

RETIREDFAN1

On 5/13/2022 at 3:51 PM, RETIREDFAN1 said:

He is a really good actor.....was in MASH, X-Files, and a LOT of other great shows.......he earned his star.....

Dang, I would've assumed he already had one. But I'm glad they made it happen. One of the all-time great character actors. Played so many small parts, but he brought so much life to them. Even if he was only on-screen for a few minutes. I'll never forget his epic karate battle on the Wayne's World movie. Classic. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

James Hong - Happy Birthday 🎂 February 22, 1929
American actor, producer and director. He has worked in numerous productions in American media since the 1950s, portraying a variety of roles. With more than 650 film and television credits as of 2022, he is one of the most prolific actors of all time.  But one that he auctioned for and did not get ,Hikaru Sulu

George Takei and James Hong both auditioned on the same day for the role of Mr. Sulu on Star Trek: The Original Series. James Hong said that while he was waiting for his turn, George Takei came out of the audition. James asked him how it went and George said it was “just another low budget science fiction TV series.”

FB_IMG_1708634511621.jpg