Shortage of Coaches

Ijustwatch

10 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Not so sure about that.

We know before SS we had all the talent in the world and never won state.  Then we get SS & Co and win 8; it’d take about 15 years of SS losing early in the playoffs for us to begin questioning his abilities.

He changed our world for the better and it’d take more than four years for us to question him. 

It takes 1 year for people to question him 😂. It takes 1 loss.  You are mistaken what I said for ready to get rid of him… I think it would take 10 bad seasons to oust that guy.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

It takes 1 year for people to question him 😂. It takes 1 loss.  You are mistaken what I said for ready to get rid of him… I think it would take 10 bad seasons to oust that guy.  

I disagree. I think 3 consecutive bad seasons gets him his walking papers. For the record, I don’t see that happening anytime soon. 

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I disagree. I think 3 consecutive bad seasons gets him his walking papers. For the record, I don’t see that happening anytime soon. 

No one really does, that’s why I used him as an example 

On 5/29/2022 at 10:17 PM, Valhalla said:

I would be willing to bet there are some in the Carthage community that questioned him this year without a Championship.

There are people questioning him from the stands during 16-0 seasons.  There's no doubt about that.  There will always be people questioning every single coach in every single community.  Now, does that mean the coach doesn't have the support of the community?   Keep in mind, this town passed a bond to build a new stadium and field house before the state championships.  Community support for the general public is going to be based on wins.  The majority of the community has no interaction with the coach nor do they have a kid who plays for him.  What else will they have to go off of?  People involved with the program will know what the coach is doing besides winning.  They will be the ones who have to help keep the vultures at bay.  That's just going to be the nature of the beast.  

Expectations have to be realistic, but unfortunately when your Little Johnny is on the field, you think he should be playing for a title because hes the best 5th string cornerback to come through this school!

15 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

So, so true.

Lots of schools going to be coaching shorthanded this year.

We are reverting back to the late 70's, early 80's where smaller schools had as few as 4 Varsity coaches.

Hard to compete with dfw and houston pay. Hard to get coaches out to smaller and rural schools due to facilities issues. Hard to get coaches to move with gas prices and such right now. Just keeps compounding. Its crazy. Texas gonna gave to do something. I can see a pay raise by the state next year to help fight inflation. Cuz some small schools can't pay much above base. At least you can try to get involved in the TIA and try to get pay up that way.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

So, so true.

Lots of schools going to be coaching shorthanded this year.

We are reverting back to the late 70's, early 80's where smaller schools had as few as 4 Varsity coaches.

And how is that a problem? Stop giving coaches an “off sports season” and everybody coach all sports all year!!!

17 hours ago, Destry said:

And how is that a problem? Stop giving coaches an “off sports season” and everybody coach all sports all year!!!

We already do that.  No coach on our staff has an "Offseason".  Actually some of our coaches have 4 sports, and I dont think that is fair to the coach or the kids.

3 hours ago, GNR said:

We already do that.  No coach on our staff has an "Offseason".  Actually some of our coaches have 4 sports, and I dont think that is fair to the coach or the kids.

???????? Must be a coach under 45 years old😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

3 hours ago, Destry said:

???????? Must be a coach under 45 years old😂😂😂😂😂😂

Must be having a disconnect about the definition "off season". Many would say that we are currently in an "off-season", yet all the coaches are working now during summer workouts. Coaches, coach 3 sports and then work through the "off-season". Most will agree that "season/off-season" is irrelevant other than not having to travel to games. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Must be having a disconnect about the definition "off season". Many would say that we are currently in an "off-season", yet all the coaches are working now during summer workouts. Coaches, coach 3 sports and then work through the "off-season". Most will agree that "season/off-season" is irrelevant other than not having to travel to games. 

And at smalls school you have to work at the games for the sport that is season. 

I don’t coach basketball, but yet there I am at every game working the clock/book.

• Like 2