East Texas demo running for Congress…just as stupid as the demo’s already in Congress

gamewatcher63

13 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Which god are we worshipping today? 

The one that said "an eye for an eye" or the one that said if you truly repent you will find your self in heaven? Just need to be sure which side to jump in on. :rofl:

Tryng to decide if I am liberal, conservative, or independent today. :rofl:

That is the same God.....

22 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Which god are we worshipping today? 

The one that said "an eye for an eye" or the one that said if you truly repent you will find your self in heaven? Just need to be sure which side to jump in on. :rofl:

Tryng to decide if I am liberal, conservative, or independent today. :rofl:

You need to overcome your denominational indoctrination and read the book of Hebrews on your own.........

• Like 1

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever

Robbing God

“For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever

Robbing God

“For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed.

@DannyZuco

Just now, EnjoyLife said:

Because Pilate was the lawful authority in Roman occupied Judea and Jewish leaders were forbidden from carrying out executions (I think).

The  Romans forbade anyone from carrying out capitol punishment except themselves........

On 5/13/2022 at 5:48 PM, RETIREDFAN1 said:

And how does this connect to the woman???

You said the adulterous woman was unjustly condemned because she was judged by "a mob" rather than a lawful assembly.

So if a lawful assembly is the standard we use to justify sentencing someone to death then I guess Jesus execution was justified since he went before a lawful assembly (Pilate).

Maybe when it comes to sentencing someone to death today we should act with grace and mercy (like Jesus) rather than seek retribution? Btw, there are certainly people that commit acts worthy of execution but I do not believe the govt should be in the business of killing its citizens...even its bad citizens.

2 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

You said the adulterous woman was unjustly condemned because she was judged by "a mob" rather than a lawful assembly.

So if a lawful assembly is the standard we use to justify sentencing someone to death then I guess Jesus execution was justified since he went before a lawful assembly (Pilate).

Maybe when it comes to sentencing someone to death today we should act with grace and mercy (like Jesus) rather than seek retribution? Btw, there are certainly people that commit acts worthy of execution but I do not believe the govt should be in the business of killing its citizens...even its bad citizens.

Jesus HAD to die......the Romans were the lawful authorities who carried out His execution......Here is what GOD had to say about retribution by HIS lawfully created civil government.....what you believe is irrelevant....we go by what God SAID......

For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

3 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Jesus HAD to die......the Romans were the lawful authorities who carried out His execution......Here is what GOD had to say about retribution by HIS lawfully created civil government.....what you believe is irrelevant....we go by what God SAID......

For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

I am well aware that Jesus had to die. No one disputes that the civil authorities should take freedom away from people that are a threat to others but is "Gods wrath" automatically death (serious question)? 

4 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I am well aware that Jesus had to die. No one disputes that the civil authorities should take freedom away from people that are a threat to others but is "Gods wrath" automatically death (serious question)? 

He established the death penalty for a lot of crimes.......you should read Leviticus......God has not changed........why would God's avenger bear a sword if it weren't to execute the guilty??? 

50 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

What if, as is believed by many, that our elected officials (i.e. our rulers) are the wrongdoers?

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

What if, as is believed by many, that our elected officials (i.e. our rulers) are the wrongdoers?

Just like David wouldn't kill Saul when he had the chance, WE must allow God to take care of it in His way and His time.........

3 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Just like David wouldn't kill Saul when he had the chance, WE must allow God to take care of it in His way and His time.........

Sure. I understand that. But if they're in office, and while we may not FEAR what they do, if obeying God's law is not considered "good" to them, then what?

44 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Sure. I understand that. But if they're in office, and while we may not FEAR what they do, if obeying God's law is not considered "good" to them, then what?

Never obey man's law if it goes against God's law. Like abortion. Just because it's legal, doesn't mean it's ok with God. God will bless you for being obedient. If God is for you, it doesn't matter who's against you. I know it's easier said than done, but when we keep our faith, He will see us through it.

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

For we know him who said, “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.”