What’s it worth

• 7 months later...
On 5/15/2022 at 3:53 PM, osup116 said:

I got a crappy phone - it’s a Kobe Bryant 1996 fleer rookie card gem mint 10. In hard case

What is the Card number and what type of fleer card is it....Nevermind, 

Go to Sportscardspro.com  to see the most recent sales and prices....https://www.sportscardspro.com/search-products?q=1996+kobie+bryant+rookie+card&type=prices

Prices vary from day to day and week to week.

This is how I price all my cards. 

This forum needs more people on it. 

I am trying to find a way to loosen my amount of cards that I have.....have started a database this fall--have punched in over 10,000 cards already, and that isn't even 1 trunk full yet. Probably have about 1.5 million to go. Separating and putting in numerical order at the same time. 

• 3 weeks later...

Started watching the Chiefs/Bengals game, and missed a card auction online......still won about 10,000 cards for right around $46 with auction fees. Could be a good haul, as this summer I am setting up an online store to start getting rid of some of mine. LOL 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm actually quite disappointed with some of the prices of some of the cards I still have.

I have that Bo Jackson Score Football/Baseball one. I have several Nolan Ryans (including the Diamond King error and 5000K error), a Bo Jackson Rookie, a Jose Canseco uncorrected error, and some others that really apparently aren't worth all that much.

Those cards from the late 80s and 90s all dropped in value because of mass production.  When I buy online I'm typically looking for 70s and earlier.  New cards are good to get but they are so expensive now.  The only way to get anything good is to buy a Hobby pack and they are way overpriced.

2 hours ago, PepeSilvia said:

Those cards from the late 80s and 90s all dropped in value because of mass production.  When I buy online I'm typically looking for 70s and earlier.  New cards are good to get but they are so expensive now.  The only way to get anything good is to buy a Hobby pack and they are way overpriced.

Price are increasing a little bit, especially for ungraded cards, you can't get any card these days for less than .99 cents, especially on ebay. There are some good auction sites, locally that have cards, I'm like you, I go for the older cards also, unless they run too high. Got a few a couple of weeks ago that were from the 60s...pricing well. 

• 5 months later...
On 2/22/2023 at 2:37 PM, DannyZuco said:

Price are increasing a little bit, especially for ungraded cards, you can't get any card these days for less than .99 cents, especially on ebay. There are some good auction sites, locally that have cards, I'm like you, I go for the older cards also, unless they run too high. Got a few a couple of weeks ago that were from the 60s...pricing well. 

I'm picking through my "junk era" cards and keeping the ones I want in some of those semi-rigid holders. I might send some to get graded, or I might grade them myself, they're for my Personal Collection, after all. If I self-grade, I can always send them to get a real grade if I decide I want to actually sell them.

I'm probably gonna get rid of the rest. A lot of late 1980's/early 1990's. A lot of "common" players. If I can't find anyone who wants them I'm probably just gonna toss them or recycle.

I've started buying some newer ones (well, packs of them, not individual cards) recently, too. Don't know how long or how often I'll do that. Some of those cards are awesome. It's not one of the more "limited" ones, but I got a great looking Corey Seager card, and awesome looking Giancarlo Stanton card, and a beautiful 2023 Donruss Nolan Ryan "Cooperstown" card, like this one:

https://www.sportscardspro.com/game/baseball-cards-2023-panini-donruss-cooperstown/nolan-ryan-ct12

I know the PSA 10 value isn't worth much, but I'm thinking of getting that one graded.

I even ended up with a "Marvels" Pete Rose card.

I have to say, you're a rich man if you can purchase packs of cards today.....:rofl:

I never toss my cards, I get plastic bins and store them.....but then again, I have a 40 X 30 workshop with shelves that go to the ceiling that allow me to store them. Not everyone has that.

Just now, DannyZuco said:

I have to say, you're a rich man if you can purchase packs of cards today.....:rofl:

I never toss my cards, I get plastic bins and store them.....but then again, I have a 40 X 30 workshop with shelves that go to the ceiling that allow me to store them. Not everyone has that.

I've got a 30 year old baseball card album. That's why I'm looking to get rid of some of the cards I have. I've got some rigid holders & penny sleeves on order (should arrive today) that I'm going to put several of them in. Other than that, it's a lot of late 80's/early 90's "junk wax era" that I'll have in there. I'd rather recycle them, give them away, or sell them than just throw them away, though.

And when I say "packs", I mean the ones that come with six or eight cards. But now they also have "blaster boxes" and "hobby boxes". Blaster boxes come with things like 6 or 7 packs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 10:38 AM, DannyZuco said:

Started watching the Chiefs/Bengals game, and missed a card auction online......still won about 10,000 cards for right around $46 with auction fees. Could be a good haul, as this summer I am setting up an online store to start getting rid of some of mine. LOL 

I gotta ask, too...how/where did you get 10,000 cards for $46?? And how long did it take you to sift through them? And what's your online store?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2023 at 10:34 AM, Monte1076 said:

I gotta ask, too...how/where did you get 10,000 cards for $46?? And how long did it take you to sift through them? And what's your online store?

Still working on sifting through cards while I work......I haven't set up the store yet....Heck, I just bought another 10-15K cards for $75.....got a bunch of Pokemon Cards in it....many of which, according to another teacher who is into Pokemon.....that they are worth quite a bit....Hope so....Calling another guy to see if he wants them....at the right price.....I need some spending money.....LOL 

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

Still working on sifting through cards while I work......I haven't set up the store yet....Heck, I just bought another 10-15K cards for $75.....got a bunch of Pokemon Cards in it....many of which, according to another teacher who is into Pokemon.....that they are worth quite a bit....Hope so....Calling another guy to see if he wants them....at the right price.....I need some spending money.....LOL 

Get yourself a loupe that's 10x -12x magnification (because I read somewhere that's what the grading companies use), and a "centering" tool. Check the four parameters (centering, edges, corners, surface). If they seem good enough, try to get them graded. Some of them could probably net you a decent amount.

Anything good in your cards (i.e. a Pokemon Charizard, a Derek Jeter rookie, etc., a Roger Staubach card?)

18 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Get yourself a loupe that's 10x -12x magnification (because I read somewhere that's what the grading companies use), and a "centering" tool. Check the four parameters (centering, edges, corners, surface). If they seem good enough, try to get them graded. Some of them could probably net you a decent amount.

Anything good in your cards (i.e. a Pokemon Charizard, a Derek Jeter rookie, etc., a Roger Staubach card?)

I know that the pokemon cards are from Topps Chrome......The guy I work with says they are very uncommon.....but we are still working on that list....I know that a lot of the cards are Basketball cards, haven't even sorted them......I am sorting and putting in order all the baseball cards at this time.....lots of $2-3 cards ungraded.....even some from the early 80s'. (Cal Ripken Jrs, and some Deion Sanders Rookie Cards also). I have bus duty tonight from 6-7:30 so I am going through the 2nd box tonight....LOL. 

11 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I know that the pokemon cards are from Topps Chrome......The guy I work with says they are very uncommon.....but we are still working on that list....I know that a lot of the cards are Basketball cards, haven't even sorted them......I am sorting and putting in order all the baseball cards at this time.....lots of $2-3 cards ungraded.....even some from the early 80s'. (Cal Ripken Jrs, and some Deion Sanders Rookie Cards also). I have bus duty tonight from 6-7:30 so I am going through the 2nd box tonight....LOL. 

Make sure to buy some penny sleeves and some semi-rigid card holders, too. You'll need them if you send cards in for grading, anyway.

• Like 1